Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:14:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
116 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Interface Cards ??

Started by Joe Lavery, July 23, 2020, 08:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

Hi All,

I'm (finally) nearing the end of my cockpit shell build and have added quite a few new components. One of them being a full modelled fire panel. This has something like 52 wires for the switches, LEDs etc.

Because the original one I had was basically a dummy unit, it didn't have any connections to it. So I just wondered what interfacing method the rest of you use?
I have a mixture of Bodnar and Arduino cards, with the Arduinos routed through Mobiflight. I'm useless with Arduino sketches, so Mobiflight is a brilliant option for me.
The overhead is connected to a huge FDS SYS card, which sadly doesn't have any spare pins.
I also have a CP Flight 737 MIP Card which covers all the switches and LEDs on the MIP. I bought it from one of our members here, possibly 4 years ago; these builds do take time don't they...

Any advice would be appreciated,

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

Joe
If you have the Sysboard Controller , which is a breeze to use, (just clicks), buy the "little" Syscard or find a second hand one   https://www.flightdecksolutions.com/components/p/fds-sys4-xt  you will be able to interface your FirePanel within a few minutes and have tons of IO available for God knows Whats. Audio panel for instance, or Oxy panel test "Pshittt"or door lock sound.
It is what I use in my pedestal

Jack

Joe Lavery

Thank Jack,

If I can find a second hand one in Europe I'll have a go. The price with import duty and VAT from Canada if prohibitive.

But thanks for the quick reply.
Stay safe my friend.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

jackpilot

The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) is a free-trade agreement between Canada and the European Union removing 98% of the preexisting tariffs between the two parts.

Are you still in ?
Bad Joke !! :D

Jack

Joe Lavery

For me personally I'm one of the people who believe we will be better off out of the EU, but I hasten to add I don't want a discussion on that. it's just my :2cw:

But as I said it's not tariffs that are the problem, it's the extras on top of the postage that mounts up. For example DHL and UPS charge a percentage fee to collect the VAT for the revenue. This is fixed at the lower end at £12.00 even if the VAT they collect is just £1. Then if you want to insure your parcel that's another extra charge.
When I bought my two CDU's from FDS, (excellent by the way) I had to pay the VAT and a commission charge for customs clearance before they would deliver them. There was also an amount of duty, which together made quite an impact on the original price.

No fault of FDS but it's a system we have to live with.

jackpilot

Guys like Fedex Puro or DHL are a rip off and  have to be avoided at all"cost"  :D

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate