Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:48:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
114 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

B737NG with analog stby instruments and simple digital STBY ADI

Started by kattz, September 03, 2020, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kattz

A while back we were discussing various configurations of the B737NG and the standby instrument configurations.  My FDS MIP is ending up heavily modified with a lot of OEM instrumentation and I brought up the variant of the aircraft that used a simple digital standby ADI instead of the ISFD in used in many sims.

At the time, I couldn't find a picture of a real-world aircraft until recently.  Evidently, it is/was the BBJ variant.  See below.  Note the fuel qty panels on the left and right sides of the MIP.  Try as I might, I have not been able to find those panels anywhere.

b737ng with electronic stby adi.jpg

jackpilot

BBJs are not sent to boneyards yet !
Never seen a fuel panel on EBay...yet !
Ask FDS, they may make 2 for you  ;)

Jack

navymustang

My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

kattz

Thanks, guys.

I wanted to let others know that the non-ISFD birds are out there and not a figment of my overactive imagination.

Joe Lavery

If you have dimensions and a drawing or image of the panel Hispapanels in Spain will make any panel for you. As a fairly moderate cost.

They will not be as nicely finished as FDS ones, square edges to the outer edges. whereas FDS puts a small round on them. But where they're located who will notice.

https://hispapanels.com/tienda/en/10-custom

He charges €0.14 per square centimetre for a 5mm painted panel.

Just a thought!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate