Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:59:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
140 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Instructor Station - Luis Gordo

ISLOGO

What is Instructor Station ?

In flight simulation, an Instructor Operator Station (IOS) is designed to assist the instructor in controlling the simulation training environment and monitoring all aspects of pilot/crew performance in the simulator. The instructor can control, via this software, all functions such as aircraft position and systems, meteorological, environmental, and situational parameters.

The Instructor Station is meant to assist Aviation Professionals, Flight Simulation Enthusiasts and Home Cockpit Builders using Microsoft® Flight Simulator (FS) 2004™, FSX™ and ESP™, Lockheed Martin Prepar3D® and X-Plane®.

The Instructor Station allows setting the aircraft on an approach to a runway of choice under any weather conditions, start-up and shutdown network computers (fully customizable), program or set aircraft system failures at any moment, calculate the amount of fuel required for a flight and load it to the aircraft, record flight performance (approaches, manoeuvres, landings, take-offs, etc.) and plot it graphically, and many other things!

Compatible with all types of aircraft! It is also a great tool for anybody who wants to control the flight simulator externally.

Many features are also available for Project Magenta users (pmSystems, Glass Cockpit, CDU/MCDU, MCP/FCU), AST & FMGS JeeHell users.

Developed by a pilot, engineer & flight simulation enthusiast.

TRY THE DEMO AND ORDER YOUR LICENSE TODAY !!

Weather set problem

Started by Steph95, December 11, 2017, 10:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steph95

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your work. I use Instructor station since one month and I love it.

But I experience a problem : setting weather systematicly set a very high temperature (38ºC), and It is impossible to set the QNH I want.

I use P3D v3.4 and istation on a Widefs client.

Can you help me ?
Regard.

Stéphane.

luisgordo

Hi Stéphane,

First of all, thanks for your kind words.  I can definitely try to help you through - that's what I'm here for  ;)

This issue has been reported before and was solved on later releases.  What version of Instructor Station are you using?  Are you setting WXR via individual inputs on "advanced" page or via METAR?

You can also reach me via email for speedier response.

Cheers,
Luis
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

Flight Data Recorder Mobile
http://www.istationgordo.com/instructorstation/fdr

Steph95

Hi Luis,

I use version 3.4.6.1

Here is how I do :

Launch p3D.
Clear all weather.
Launch IStation.

I go to Enviro tab, then Advanced.
I Check on the WXR engine.
Data in WXR @ ACFT are ok.

Now, in SET WXR on Right, I enter a nex temp (10) and and new QNH (1000).
I push the SET button.
Weather change in p3D but temperature is 40°C, dew point is 37° and QNH remain at 1013.

The only way to recover a "normale" temperature is to clear xeather in p3D.

If I try the get and set metar, it seem to works. But Dew point is not good (always at 0).

After that, changes seems ok (quick weather set or advanced. But the problem still occurs every time I use the VFR button in preset weather.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Stephane.

luisgordo

Hi Stephane,

The issue I recall with this problem was that temperature and QNH settings were not possible unless setting some values for the clouds at all 3 levels provided in iStation (can be no clouds).  This is due to the way the WXR engine is defined in FSX/P3D.

Give it a try - I believe this was internally solved in 3.46, but may be not under all circumstances.  We are very close to releasing version 3.50, so will see if any correction required can make it before closeout.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

BABA767

Hey Luis, happy new year to you and at all!!!
Any advance about new feature of ver. 3.50 and release date?
thk!!
V.

luisgordo

Hi Valerio,

Happy New Year to you too!!!

Version 3.50 was released yesterday.  No new features per se - several bug fixes and enhancements for use with Prepar3D v4.  Visit our webpage to download.

Ideas for new features are welcome, as always.  You can post them on the Customer Feedback forum (http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?board=59.0) or you can also shoot me an email (luisgordo <at> gmail.com).

Cheers!!
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

BABA767

Hi Luis,
thanks for Istation V3.50 update..I'll install it soon. :)

cheers,
V.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate