Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:34:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
105 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 105
Total: 106

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Speaker distortion

Started by Mach7, November 04, 2019, 06:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach7

Hello,

I have the Buttkicker gamer installed in my flight simulator setup, using PM sounds.

The kicker works fine, however I am finding a lot of distortion through the right speaker when PM sounds enhances wind noise, gear lowering, autopilot disconnect tone, or any other callout, verbal or otherwise.

I have not changed the setup since installation and was wondering if there is a quick fix for this. I have not ruled out a speaker issue, however with the right speaker input disconnected, the sounds are no longer distorted.

Thank you

blueskydriver

If it were me, I would hook up a cheap PC to the Butt Kicker, then using PMSounds only on this PC, I'd turn off all the sound files that wouldn't sound right going through it.

The disconnect tone or wind sounds are high frequency and not something you'd feel in the cockpit. Whereas the nose gear coming up into the nose wheel well you would; thus, you only checkmark the sounds you'd ordinarily feel in the PMSounds program.

That could be the reason you're hearing or feeling the distortions, but for one side to sound bad and not the other is weird. What happens when you totally remove the butt kicker, does the right side still sound bad through the regular speakers?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Mach7

That's an option for sure John. And yes...the distortion goes away once the feed is disconnected from the kicker.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate