Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:02:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
505 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 506
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 505
Total: 505

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

iFly 737 for FS9?

Started by HondaCop, September 18, 2010, 09:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HondaCop

Has anyone tried this aircraft for FS9 in a home cockpit setup? I'm curious as to how the model/dynamics compare to the PMDG 737. I'm interested in the flight model itself, not the internal logic, since I use SA.

jackpilot

Do not know that one...I am using POSKY 700 and very happy with the dynamics...freeware

Jack

Benja

Jack,

I have to agree with you 100% there. I am using the 800 POSKY with some tweaked files I found online for FSX and PM and finally happy with how it flys.

I tried PMDG and the default 737 as well, but could never get them setup right.

I use topcat to load the aircraft with fuel, pax and cargo to get the correct COG and trim and it flys really well.

Ben
Upsetting my fiancee one purchase at a time

HondaCop

Quote from: sas541 on September 18, 2010, 08:20:07 PM
Jack,

I have to agree with you 100% there. I am using the 800 POSKY with some tweaked files I found online for FSX and PM and finally happy with how it flys.

I tried PMDG and the default 737 as well, but could never get them setup right.

I use topcat to load the aircraft with fuel, pax and cargo to get the correct COG and trim and it flys really well.

Ben

U mind sharing these files?

JWS

Ben

Ben,

maybe silly, but what is "topcat" (& can it be used for FS9)?

JWS

saabpilot

Quote from: JWS on September 19, 2010, 01:26:30 AM

maybe silly, but what is "topcat" (& can it be used for FS9)?

TopCat is a "dispatch program" - this means it delivers all docs for a flight such as weather, loadsheet and runway analysis for t/o and destination.
Also suggests and can load the fuel for you in the sim.
It does all the work the traffic dispatcher do at departure and all printouts are exactly formatted like the IRL ones.
It does not do the "routing" part nor the company flightplan.
It is a real professional program but with a FS pricetag.   HIGHLY Recommended.

Download the manual/program at:
http://www.topcatsim.com/?page=main

Undispensable if you like to make real flights in your sim.   ;D
FS9 and FSX compatible.

Best,
Bjorn

www.boeing737sim.se
Fly Safe - Low and slow
There are Young Pilots there are Bold Pilots but no Bold and Old Pilots.

HondaCop

Have you guys tried LiveDISPATCH?  www.livedispatch.org

It was created by me and does a ton of stuff including real time flight tracking, log book, routing, fuel planning, etc etc. :-)

Bob Reed

Quote from: HondaCop on September 19, 2010, 03:57:10 AM

It was created by me and does a ton of stuff including real time flight tracking, log book, routing, fuel planning, etc etc. :-)

I would like to hear more about this.

Benja

I will share my config files as soon as I get the sim powered up again.

I am in the middle of a rebuild and it is in pieces right now.

Thanks

Regards
Ben
Upsetting my fiancee one purchase at a time

HondaCop

Quote from: Bob Reed on September 20, 2010, 07:14:50 AM
Quote from: HondaCop on September 19, 2010, 03:57:10 AM

I would like to hear more about this.

Hi Bob, sorry for the late reply.

In order to better explain the concept behind LiveDISPATCH, I gave to give you a brief background on myself, which will help you understand better.

I had been involved with VAs since the early 2000s, where myself and a small group of friends created various VAs such as AirPUERTORICO and Virtual American Airlines. The whole concept of VAs is a great one but the only drawback is that after a while, it sort of gets old always flying the same livery, aircrafts and routes, since you basically are limited to the fleet and routes flown by the VA's real life counterpart.

For this reason, the concept of LiveDISPATCH was born, where you can fly ANY airline (305 airlines currently supported). This also allows you to fly a more broader line of aircrafts and destinations.

But LiveDISPATCH takes it a step further. The program itself which was created by me :-), interfaces FS9/FSX in real time with the website, via FSUIPC. This allows you to be able to watch your flight in real-time on the website and watch other's in real-time as they fly using LiveDISPATCH.

At the end of the flight, you can submit your Pilot Report (PIREP) to the website, where it will maintain your very own logbook, thus allowing you to have proof of all the flights you have done. Very useful when you want to apply for a VA and want to show some sort of a resume or flight experience.

The LiveDISPATCH program itself has a built in planner, fuel calculator/loader, etc.

Fore more details, visit this page: http://www.livedispatch.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=3

Feel free to visit the site and look around. Once you join, there is a very detailed STEP BY STEP tutorial, which will get your feet wet on how to use LiveDISPATCH. Trust me, once you do your first flight, it will become second nature.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate