Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:33:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
511 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 392
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 511
Total: 511

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

EDDM-EGLL Oktoberfest Express

Started by Boeing Skunk Works, October 01, 2010, 06:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boeing Skunk Works

Shuttling passengers between München and London for Oktoberfest. Only two days left to hoist a Maß!

RIDAR Departure and then direct to TGO (TANGO) VOR to intercept the UN851. After MASEK, it was UL604 to RKN (REKKEN) VOR, then UL480 to the LAM3A arrival to London Heathrow.

Cruising at FL320 to EGLL

Approach procedure for 27L/R 09L/R after LAM for Heathrow. This is the no-radar approach and is always a handful, especially while trying to snap pictures through a descending 'S' turn and maintaining speed while working the flaps and gear to roll out for the runway...

A shot across the FO out the right side. London at night...

"One thousand feet"...

"Five hundred feet" There was an MD-80 on the parallel but we seem to have lost him somewhere out there.

Clear of 27L, taxi to the stand please...

And back in London once again. THis time at stand 206 using the mirrors to spot my aircraft to the jetway. A little short on help at this late hour I guess. Nice flight. The return trip to EDDM is in the morning. This was the last flight of the night for Lufthansa from Munich. If you missed this one there is a Condor flight at 0030, and Air Berlin at 0220.

Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

XOrionFE

Give that man a good brew!!   Nice work Mike.

That approach looks real fun...especially that S turn and drop of 3000 ft during it.   I wonder why they just do have a turn to the south out of the hold at LAM to the intercept.  Why the S turn?   Is that because of the needed spacing for dropping altitude or is there something directly south of LAM that they are trying to avoid?

Scott

Boeing Skunk Works

I'm not sure why it's done like that for no-radar. LAM is on Stapleford airfield so I'd give them several thousand feet for that, but as for the S turn I don't really know, unless there's not enough distance to get down from 7,000' on a dogleg from LAM to the ILS. London City airport is sort of close too.

The procedure is the same coming from BIG, just opposite.

The turns aren't as steep as they look on the chart. It's just trying to get all of the headings and DME and altitude to match what's on the chart while performing this approach is what's fun to juggle. You have to be above 6,000', 15DME from BNN, and heading 129° by the end of the first turn.

Start the next turn 19DME BNN and be down to or above 3,500' by the 134° heading from BNN and continue down while turning to 272°

The slope from 6,000' is 3° so it's just like a glideslope without the indication. There's just a little more to do.

XOrionFE

I'll have to note that as one to try sometime.   Looks fun.

ETomlin

Definately...I dont do much flying in Europe but Ive been wanting to make a trip over there and this sounds like a must-do leg.

One more thing- I always appreciate folks coming in and discussing the FLYING aspect of their sim. It's what is most fun to me. I really dont like building much at all. Reading these kinds of posts always make me want to go fire up the Learjet and punch holes in the sky. Thanks Mike!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Boeing Skunk Works

Well, to be quite frank, I think I'm the only one that does besides Mike and he's doing it for real.

I wish more folks would post a few shots and descriptions of their flights. I think we sometimes forget what it's all about in the end.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate