Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:45:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
475 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 506
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 475
Total: 475

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

deHavilland Beaver update

Started by bushman, October 17, 2010, 03:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

Hey everyone;

Trying to stay caught up on pics for the beaver pilots. Just might get some big jet airliner pilot sim builders interested ;D  After mearuring and marking avionic panel for the gauges and fit mounting hardware for panel.

Installed MIP

Fit the TQ panel for thottle, pro pitch and mixture levers. Have done a few mods to my Saitek TQ for now to fit in the pocket to allow levers proper spacing to be more realistic.

The TQ centre module also holds engine gauges. The RPM gauge is from Simkits aswell. The MAP (manifold pressure is out of a real beaver which I hoped to use a servo to operate the gauge has a tight spot on the needle hence the reason it was changed. Will purchase a simkit gauge kit build USB for MAP gauge.

Here is a close up the cockpit with mag switch, starter, boost coil, Master (alt-bat) radio switches to be wired to a 32 digital input interface card. Placement cards also for nav,strobe and panel switches to add toggles.

Trying to get as close to the real thing as a lot of the builds I see here in the 737's Airbus etc.
The adhesive gauges I made are for the oil pressure/temp,cylinder head temp,and carb temp will be replaced aswell by simkit gauges when allowed. The 3 tank gauge will be the most challenging, hoping to find a gauge which would be able to use servos to operate.
Here is a pic of the complete centre throw over yoke assemble from a real beaver. With the help of Gwyn from Areosim Solutions he will be abe to help me by using both his yoke pivot hardware to make this work. Will be contacting him after his adventure to the UK this month.

Well for now, take care :)

Bushman

autocadplease

Grant D.
Nelson, B.C.
FSX PM Boeing TH2Go

Boeing Skunk Works

That's nice work. Looking forward to seeing more.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate