Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:26:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
504 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 506
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 504
Total: 504

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FS9 crashes; Anyone have any ideas?

Started by matta757, October 24, 2010, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matta757

Hey guys,

I have a somewhat puzzling and, needless to say, frustrating problem. My FS9 keeps crashing when I try to view certain cockpit views. For instance, when I try to look at the overhead panel, the screen goes to one color, makes a funny sound, and the only way to recover is restart the computer. I have no idea why this is happening.

I have uploaded a video to youtube so you guys can see exactly what is happening. I am running FS9, obviously, and the software is the PSS/Just Flight 757 software. This problem did not used to happen. This morning it happened every time I tried to open the overhead. The overhead is configured as a fixed window view, I just press the 5 numpad key to view it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JebbwylgDY

If anyone is software/computer inclined to what might be going on, any help would be greatly appreciated. I really do not want to have to reinstall flight sim to try and fix this problem...

Regards,
Matt

autocadplease

Are any of your heat sink fans not working?
Grant D.
Nelson, B.C.
FSX PM Boeing TH2Go

matta757

Quote from: autocadplease on October 24, 2010, 11:18:23 AM
Are any of your heat sink fans not working?

Someone on another forum mentioned that a while ago (I had this problem before but it hasn't happened in a while and never this bad) and I am pretty sure all my cooling stuff is working just fine. How would I know if a heat sink fan isn't working? Also, this ONLY happens when FS is running, but I guess that could make sense because FS is a big drain on the system.

matta757

Hey guys,

I have another curious problem. I tried loading up my sim, this time with all 3 monitors running. I undocked all the gauge windows so they went to the proper places, closed the MIP and went into full screen mode. Everything looks fine, I can even view the overhead without the game crashing.

However, now for some reason the mouse cannot be used to click on ANY buttons. I tried to switch on things like the F/D, the autothrottle, landing lights, etc. The mouse cannot make any switches do their proper functions. Does anyone know why this is?!

autocadplease

The easiest way to see if all the fans are running is to actually physically look at them. Keep in mind that some fans do not run continuously.

I am no expert, but I would lean towards something like a mobo, video card or memory has gone bad.
Years ago, I had a video card that went on me and the computer would hang up when under load.
Have you done a system restore? Have you updated any drivers lately?
Grant D.
Nelson, B.C.
FSX PM Boeing TH2Go

ak49er

Just a WAG, but did your on board video card get turned on by chance??? Is it conflicting, and how are your video drivers??
FS9, FSUIPC, WideFS, FreeFD
XPlane XUIPC, WideFS, FreeFD

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate