Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
499 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 506
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 499
Total: 499

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

San Jose to Seattle

Started by ETomlin, November 02, 2010, 05:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ETomlin

I didnt get a chance to get Squawk Box up and running correctly in time to join the WF team for the US legs, but I did fly one of the legs from San Francisco (actually departed San Jose) and flew to Seattle. The photo was taken while leveling off around 4000' and turning to start getting ready to intercept the ILS into Seattle.

The flight was good, with 1 of the 2 hours spent talking to fellow Learjet 45 partners Jason, Ron, and Shane all at different times throughout the flight over the phone (what a way to pass the time, huh?!). The weather into Seattle was solid IMC and was a real refreshing challenge for a change. I always fly with Real World weather, and finally, I got to fly nearly down to minimums for the first time in quite a while. I wish I would have taken more photos. I was around 500-600 feet or so before the rabbit lights (approach lights) were visible. Once over the runway touchdown was smooth and non eventful into SEA with a fast taxi to the fuel ramp and a shutdown for the day. Total Time from taking the runway at San Jose to shutdown at Seattle was 2 hours.

This was the first flight in about a week or so and was great fun. I would have really enjoyed flying online with the WF teams, but flying with full AI is much better than no traffic at all :-)
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

jackpilot

Good 4 U Eric...
I can appreciate, even with an unfinished cockpit it is always fun.
Just flew Paris -Madrid yesterday, gate to gate...yep good clean joy.!

Jack

Boeing Skunk Works

Sounds like a great flight. Conditions at Munich have been pretty poor the last few days. You might want to give Strauss a go. Reporting 800 now, expecting 300, and then back to 600.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate