Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:42:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
503 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 500
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 503
Total: 503

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

A2A Shockwave Lights

Started by Boeing Skunk Works, November 07, 2010, 08:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boeing Skunk Works

I finally got around to purchasing this external lighting add-on and I have to say it's worth the $14 bucks. The lighting has taken on a life of it's own and actually looks like you are seeing real lights outside of the cockpit. The external aircraft lighting has been improved as well

Combined with UT Europe with all of the extra ground lighting that they include, it's quite a view out the windows now.

The reason I waited so long was that taxi and landing lights do not appear in the 2D Dreamfleet 727 cockpit view out the front glass, only in the VC view. Since re-loading the DF727 some time ago, I had forgotten how to remove the VC cockpit so only the external view is displayed.

Today I remembered how I removed the VC and it looks great again looking out the forward view at night. Whole new sim experience really.

Well, if you don't have it yet, the add-on is certainly worth it and it works with all third party aircraft. You do have to manually configure it for third party, but that's a snap.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

xxilim

Yeah I'd have to agree, it's defiantly worth it.

I still haven't added them to my add on aircraft though...
Craig

FSX PC

i7 980x Stock Clock | EVGA X58 Classified 3 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 Tripple kit | 2x AMD5970's in Xfire | OCZ 240GB IBIS SSD! | 2x WD 1TB Black HDD | Corsair H-50 CPU cooler | Lian-Li PC-50 RSE Case | Corsair AX-1200W

ETomlin

Are you running REX for FS9? I have that and THAT dramatically improved my sim to where between it and the bloom effect (and Ultimate Terrain/Ground Environment, etc. for FS9) make my sim nearly look like FSX. However, my real question is, do you have REX for FS9 and would you say that the A2A lights are better than REX's?
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Boeing Skunk Works

I must not have it since I don't know what it is. I really like the Shockwave lights though.

I ordered the disc too since I'll be installing this on three more systems.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

ETomlin

Quote from: Boeing Skunk Works on November 08, 2010, 04:37:15 AM
I must not have it since I don't know what it is. I really like the Shockwave lights though.

I ordered the disc too since I'll be installing this on three more systems.

....ah my friend, you are indeed missing out. AND, it has no effect on your frame rate negatively At All. Check it out at http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/

Money well spent for FS.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate