Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:33:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
502 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 506
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 502
Total: 502

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Surround sound help

Started by matta757, November 13, 2010, 07:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matta757

Hey Guys,

Ok, I have a great sound system. It's a 5.1 stereo surround sound with 5 speakers and a subwoofer. However, I just realized that I am only getting sound out of my left and right speakers when I play flight sim. The other three speakers are not projecting any sort of sound. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to configure surround sound within the game?

I use FS9. And as I am writing this, I am listening to music on the computer and all 5 speakers are projecting sound. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Matt

Bob Reed

Hi Matt.. I am not sure there is much you can do with FS9 and a surround sound system. Not even sure FSX can use it! Here is what I did with FS9 and my 737. I put the front left and right speaker behind me, facing to the front of the cockpit.  That got all the jet sounds behind me like they should be. The sub woofer was mounted under the pedistal to get the vibrations through out the cockpit. I used I f I recall correctly 3 different set ups of PM sounds to get fan, gyro, wind and other cockpit sounds where they should be. IE in font of the cockpit, inside the MIP and so forth. I used a number of heavily modified sound sets that NicD and I passed back and forth a number of times to get the sounds how we wanted them.  Hope this helps a bit.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate