Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:22:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
507 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 500
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 507
Total: 507

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

ProFlightSimulator??

Started by Bob Reed, November 13, 2010, 04:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Ok guys. I am usually pretty good at this stuff. But.... Is this real software or did someone rip off that open license simulator, package it and selling it illegally? Some of the scenery looks like stuff I have seen on the web site for the open license stuff. Did a search to see if it was a scam and I don't get too much back. Every review I went to probably 2 dozen of them where all the same on and they all started " There are lots of people out there who love flying... and I'm one of them. I always love playing flight simulation games while I'm not taking to the skies. My friend told me about a new flight sim called ProFlightSimulator. I've tried it and this is my review of it." I mean every one of them.. I think we need to make a little noise about this on this site and make sure these people make NO profit from someone else's work! If I am wrong point me to a review that is legit! Lets here what you folks think?

Bob Reed

Ok I have done more digging and I am right... Wow the nerve of some people! ProFlight Simulator is FREE software you do not have to buy it!

DaveK

Yeah Bob i noticed it on the side bar of Facebook tonight. I might pass it onto the FB gods about the false advertising.

Bob Reed

Quote from: DaveK on November 15, 2010, 02:38:40 AM
Yeah Bob i noticed it on the side bar of Facebook tonight. I might pass it onto the FB gods about the false advertising.

You can pass it on, but get this, what they are doing is legal! According to the license that Flight Gear is under they are technically breaking no laws.. Tell me what kind of crap is that? I did a fair amount of digging on this one because I could not believe it. Even went to the Flight Gear's forum and yup they know all about it. This has been going on for a number of years! The person doing it, does not care! If you contact him he says so? As long as he has been doing this he is obviously making money from it. Always someone........

DaveK

and unfortunately people new to the fs world will pay money for it... anyway have sent an email to the FB people and they are going to investigate...

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate