Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 12:28:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
376 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 372
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 376
Total: 376

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

GA sims only??

Started by pitbldr, March 29, 2011, 03:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitbldr

Hi,

Just stumbled across your site and saw that you're working on an interface solution. Just curious if this will only be catering to GA sims or whether it will/should work for any sim - DCS A-10C for example??

I'm building a pit for that sim and have been looking for a good & affordable solution to interface with my pit.

Here's a couple pics of what I've done so far... everything is still a 'work in progress'.  :)

shaneb

Not sure about the answer to your question but wanted to let you know that your panels look great!  Looking forward to seeing photos of your progress.    :idiot:
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

pitbldr

Thanks!  ;D

Finding a good interface solution that won't break the bank has been the biggest challenge. I have very little electronics experience, so I am hoping to find as much of a "plug and play" solution as I can. Opencockpits offering is at the top of the list, I've just been holding out hoping something more suited for my skills would come along.

ETomlin

Quote from: pitbldr on March 30, 2011, 12:44:25 PM
Thanks!  ;D

Finding a good interface solution that won't break the bank has been the biggest challenge. I have very little electronics experience, so I am hoping to find as much of a "plug and play" solution as I can. Opencockpits offering is at the top of the list, I've just been holding out hoping something more suited for my skills would come along.

Then I would consider the FDS SYS boards...www.flightdecksolutions.com
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

pitbldr

Quote from: ETomlin on March 31, 2011, 09:53:48 AM
Then I would consider the FDS SYS boards...www.flightdecksolutions.com

Those don't meet the "affordable" criteria.  :(

jskibo

They do if you count the time trying to figure out SIOC, or like really user oriented interfaces. 

Turn on, move switch, select function and save......
Less than 4 years to retirement......

ETomlin

Quote from: jskibo on March 31, 2011, 11:34:29 AM
They do if you count the time trying to figure out SIOC, or like really user oriented interfaces. 

Input for Input, Output for Output, the FDS boards are really about the same price considering S&H and ease of use, especially considering the customer support. However, being someone that can appreciate being on a *tight* budget, I can see how every dollar saved is tempting. However, just remember that building a sim is not really affordable for most folks and you sometime have to sit back and save up a bit to get the items that you really want, items that will save you headache and hair in the future. Just my 2cent worth :-)
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

pitbldr

Quote from: ETomlin on March 31, 2011, 12:05:35 PM
Quote from: jskibo on March 31, 2011, 11:34:29 AM

Input for Input, Output for Output, the FDS boards are really about the same price considering S&H and ease of use, especially considering the customer support. However, being someone that can appreciate being on a *tight* budget, I can see how every dollar saved is tempting. However, just remember that building a sim is not really affordable for most folks and you sometime have to sit back and save up a bit to get the items that you really want, items that will save you headache and hair in the future. Just my 2cent worth :-)

Good points guys. However, in looking at the InterfaceIT information, it appears it only works with FSUIPC. Don't know if I could even use those with the DCS sims.

jskibo

Good point, unless you could use the mouse record action function in it....don't know if that will work with DCS though.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

phil744

Unfortunately I can't answer your question but spot on panel work!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate