Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 06:06:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
579 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 579
Total: 579

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Immersive Display Lite Image Blending software

Started by Joe Lavery, April 20, 2011, 12:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

Hi all,

just came across this software today and wondered if anyone has used it, or knows anything about it.
It's an image blending utility designed primarily for FS9 or FSX and used for aligning up to 3 projectors. The main difference between similar software is the price, at 39 euros it's way cheaper than anything else I've seen.

http://fly.elise-ng.net/index.php/news/31-immersivedisplaylite2v15beta1

I'd be interested in your comments,  :)

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

Yep, we talked about it recently but no feedback up to now, I think Mau tested the demo..not sure though.

Jack

Joe Lavery

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

blueskydriver

We have it and you'll find the alignment procedures much easier than others. Also, it has edge blending included, but now the others do as well. It has just been updated to a new version and have not looked at it yet.

Did you know that fly.elise has the projector designer. So, like drawing your setup out on paper, you do it in 3D space instead, and when you're done the alignment of the projectors will be already to go. You just have to match the setup/mounting distance to what you did in the 3D version. Thus, no going around with an level, ruler and etc to make alignments. The key is pre-planning with all projector imaging programs; especially, with this one.

Finally, pretty sure fly-elise has projector color matching, but did not do it yet because we're still using Nthusim...have to go back and look at this aspect again.

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Jack

ngidalov

Dear All,

For all interested in Immersive Display Lite 2 software:

An unregistered (evaluation) version of Immersive Display Lite 2 can be downloaded from our web site http://fly.elise-ng.net/index.php/download
The unregistered version is 100% functional version which will expire after 30 days from the moment of the first start-up. It is not intrusive and does not require any setup. Just download, unpack, follow the configuration steps and start your flight simulator from the warploader2. That's all.
We are very interested in your feedback and suggestions for future extensions.
We are also flight sim enthusiasts and we will do our best to implement the new features and soon and as effective as possible.

With kind regards,
Nikola Gidalov
The Fly Elise-ng Team
http://fly.elise-ng.net

astron

Hi Nikola,im glad to see you over here,if you may remember we did some beta testing with you on this software, I am quite pleased with the results, You guys will find that this stuff is so easy to use you wont believe it.  i was up and running in 5 minutes, and for someone who is not a software genius i thought that was pretty good, so if i can do it,anyone can.

take care Nikola

Tom

Joe Lavery

Well that seems to have answered my questions, and probably saved me a great deal of money in the process; to be spent on more 737 related goodies I'm sure.  :)

Thanks all.

Joe Lavery

Drewsta

Hi guys, I have some news on the Immersive display lite 2 software. I have been playing with this software trying to get it to work on my current setup and have been chatting closely with Nikola from Fly Elise NG. The software really is a great value for money and a really easy to use. However I have come to the realisation that you won't be able to run your mip panels in fullscreen view. In other words the software will warp your visuals no problem in fullscreen but will also warp your instrument panels aswell in fullscreen. If you uncheck the "warp child windows" option in the settings, it will not warp your mip panels but only in windowed mode! If your flight sim is like mine I set everything up in windowed mode and align panels etc then I click to fullscreen which includes the Mip panels. Unfortunately unless I change my flightsim to run in windowed mode I won't be able to utilise this software. I am waiting to hear back from Nikola on this to see if there will be a work around.  Nikola has been outstanding and very professional with the support on this.

I am unsure wether this is something everybody knows about? Does all warping software require your mip panels to be in windowed mode? As far as i know you can't have your mip panels in window mode and the outside visuals in fullscreen? I am using the same computer for all views.

Cheers
Drew

jackpilot

This does not apply to PM or SimA users, and it is very good news that this software works really well.
I am not yet to the 3 beamers stage but will order it anyway to experiment.
Thanks for the reports.
Jack

Jack

astron

As Jack says, there will be no problem with any of that if you are running,2 separate systems for your sim, we have one computer for fsx which will show the outside visuals and use the warping software,and the other computer will hold simA,for all of the mip guages etc...

not sure how you have your system setup drew?

Tom

ngidalov

Hi All,

I would like to explain and clarify the problem that Drew is describing.
Whenever FS9 (and FSX) is running in FullScreen mode, FS9 uses one DirectX graphical context to draw all the views in one go and after that it is sending the output to the graphical card.
When running in Windowed mode, for all undocked windows, FS9 draws the content of the views in separate graphical contexts.
The moment FS9 switches from Windowed mode to FullScreen mode, all undocked windows are docked again and their content is drawn in the same graphical context as the main window in one go.
Now, because Immersive Display Lite 2 sits between FS9 and the graphical system, it can detect different views only if they are drawn in separate graphical contexts from the main graphical context. For those "child windows" we provide an option to skip the warping for those FS child (undocked) windows. In FullScreen mode there are no undocked windows, so all the views will be warped.
It is important to note that this is not a limitation to Immersive Display Lite 2, but more an artifact of how FS9 manages and handles it's graphics views.
BTW, the same behavior is to be seen by the similar products NTHUSIM and Wapalizer.

Regards,
Nikola Gidalov
Fly Elise-ng Team

Nat Crea

Drew...you can tell me to go jump...
but you really should seperate your visuals form LevelD avionics.

I dont think it will take much of a computer to run LevelD...and put FS9/X on your
current more powerful machine...and end the pain :)
(unless there is more to your set-up than I understand)

Nat

Drewsta

Hey Nat, thats exactly what I plan on doing my friend. Ivar has been poking me with that stick for ages now and has said that all along! I'm guessing its going to be the best solution all round and I should get some better frame rates hopefully aswell. I just have to learn how to do it which should be a fun process. For a second computer I have a pentium D 3.2ghz with 1gig ram  and nvidia 7600gt at this time loaded with fs2004 and all addons exactly the same as my main fs pc. That should do the job I hope. I have nothing to lose by trying.

cheers
Drew

Nat Crea

That second PC sounds spot on Drew.
Just chuck WideFS on that computer...(and a small network hub)

Nat

Drewsta

Yeah I agree Nat, widefs will com in handy but wouldn't I need WideVIEW to run the outside visuals on the main pc? I thought Widefs was just for programs like activesky and atc etc?

Cheers

Drew

Nat Crea

QuoteYeah I agree Nat, widefs will com in handy but wouldn't I need WideVIEW to run the outside visuals on the main pc? I thought Widefs was just for programs like activesky and atc etc?

Yep youre right, I keep forgetting LevelD is not a Stand alone Avionics suite.
So youll need to install FS and LevelD twice and then open the windows you want on each
respective computer. Much like in the photo here on left:

http://www.wideview.it/wideview.htm

Nat

choffmann

I am extremely satisfied with this software. It´s easy setup, working flawlessly, and can be combined with PM without problems.
A short video I took with the demo software, when my surround screen was not finished:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cockpitsim?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/qJh6vujmWuo
Sorry for the bad vid quality, it´s my old cam.

Now that my setup is all done, it turns out to be even better. I would not change to another software.
Just my 2 cents.

Chris

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate