Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 10:55:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
372 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 381
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 372
Total: 372

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Fun in Kaitak

Started by Maurice, May 02, 2011, 03:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

I've been playing a bit too much instead of working on my sim but I had to after loading Traffic-X and a bgl file which brings the old Kaitak airport to life (with fly-Tampa scenery of course). Pictures are not that good as I should have paused the sim to get aircrafts in flight but at least you'll get to see life in Kaitak  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

Very nice visual....
I am supposed to see that "in the flesh" tomorrow. I know I will melt away !!!!
This hobby is insane!  :D

Jack

Nat Crea

Mau, now thats what Ive been missing at KaiTAk...traffic!

Where do I get that .bgl file? Do I need Traffic-X first?

Nat

Maurice

I'm pretty sure you will need Traffic-x but maybe it would work with some other traffic program. You can download the file here:

http://www.justflight.com/communityDownloads.asp?downloadCategoryID=44&downloadCommunityID=7

If you don't have Traffic-x, I'm quite happy with it so far although there seems to be many features that are not working for me but I don't care because I had no intention of using them anyway. All  I wanted was real airlines traffic and you can have lots of that. The other features are mostly to create flight plans and other things but I find no use for that.

I'm pretty sure as well that at least one other traffic program has Kaitak as well if you have their latest release but you would need to investigate that.

Maurice

DaveK

I had installed TrafficX and the other day realised that there wasnt much traffic at all.
I cranked it up to 80% and wow what a difference.
Only problem was, i couldnt get a msg through to ATC (normal FSX ATC) when they gave me info... ;D

I also found a file to use Australian airlines names rather than the standard US ones which makes it a bit more Oz real.

Nat Crea

Thanks Mau...Gotta get Traffic-X then...just hope it doesnt mess with my ORBX AI :o

Dave...wheres that file for Oz callsigns? Included?

Nat

DaveK

Nat I cant actually remember where I got it from?? I have been surfing that much FS stuff lately.

Here is the text from the file

Open Notepad copy the list below and paste into it
save as - airlines.cfg

<------------------------------------------ Do not include these dotted lines
Aero-Tropics Air Services
Aeropelican Air Services
Air Link
Aircruising Australia
Airlines of Tasmania
Airnorth
Alliance Airlines
Asian Express Airlines
Australian air Express
Brindabella Airlines
Eastern Australia Airlines
Express Freighters Australia
HeavyLift Cargo Airlines
Inland Pacific Air
Jetcraft Aviation
Jetstar Airways
Macair Airlines
National Jet Systems
Network Aviation
OzJet
Pearl Aviation
Pel-Air
Qantas
QantasLink
Queensland Regional Airlines
Regional Express Airlines
Regional Pacific Airlines
Rossair
SkyAirWorld
Skytraders
Skytrans Airlines
Sunshine Express Airlines
Sunstate Airlines
Tasair
Tiger Airways Australia
Virgin Blue

<-------------------------------

This is in the Readme File to acknowledge the author
Just Go in you FSX folder C:/Computer/program files/microsft games/microsft flight simualor X move the included airlines.cfg to it. When it asks to overwrite click yes. DONE!

Do NOT upload to other sites. I am the creator of this!
Sorry to sound so bossy.

Note* Sometimes the ATC has a hard time pronouncing the names.

Created By BlowupArea_51

I hope copying it to here is not a problem, I have searched again and cant find it.

Maurice

Quote from: melnato on May 03, 2011, 12:54:31 AM
Thanks Mau...Gotta get Traffic-X then...just hope it doesnt mess with my ORBX AI :o

Nat

I would just try that file first without Traffic-X just to see what it does. It might work but I think it's a question of carrier names matching, so there is probably a way to edit the file and match the names but I don't know for sure. Edit: You can't edit bgl file...they have to be compiled so forget that idea

Anyway, when you first add that file, nothing happens for a while. It took about 10 minutes I think before I started seeing movement and I almost gave up. But after it started, it came in droves (much too much actually) because I set my traffic to 90% just to speed things up but it was a bad idea because traffic gets bogged down. Almost nobody can take off because of all the planes landing on the same runway.

Anyway, you need to play with it to get the right amount of traffic especially with only one runway.

Mau 

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate