Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 02:48:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
562 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 562
Total: 562

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Jack P.'s visit to my sim

Started by Maurice, May 04, 2011, 07:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Pics man!!! Where are the stinking pics??!!  :P :idiot:

Maurice

Quote from: Bob Reed on May 07, 2011, 10:39:36 AM
Pics man!!! Where are the stinking pics??!!  :P :idiot:

Well... Jack posted pictures of his Allen wrenches. What more do you want? But if you insist, here are a few pics of my current setup. Originally all the computers were behind the MIP and one on the floor ahead of the shell. But this was a maintenance nightmare. So I decided to have them all behind the platform and all the cables from the MIP are running under the floor. This way, I can move the center platform out of the shell and access to everything is much easier. There is still a wiring mess but that can't really be avoided. So far I counted 22 AC plugs and not finished yet.

I also elected not to build a back wall since getting in & out with only straight rails is not fun at all. So instead, I have curtains at the back and you get in from the left side for captain and right side for F.O.

Anyway, still lots of work to finish such as overhead & center pedestal but at least the sim is flyable as is. So here are the pics and more are posted on webshots if you got nothing better to do.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/580164227sHNwkv

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

shaneb

Hey Mau,

Thanks for the photos . . you gave me an idea as to how I want  to place my computers when the time comes!  Your sim and visuals look great!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Nat Crea

OMG I need a basement!
Should I start again...again?  :o

Fantastic work Mau...!

Nat

jackpilot

Told you....!!

BTW, besides the Allen keys here is a happy workshop!!

Jack

jskibo

Jack, looking good.  Can't wait to see it stuffed and working again!

Mau, Awesome setup!  With that I'm surprised you got Jack to leave :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Maurice

Quote from: melnato on May 08, 2011, 01:05:07 PM
OMG I need a basement!
Should I start again...again?  :o

Why? Is your sim in the master bedroom like Jack's was? If it is, you should really start again  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate