Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 10:41:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
585 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 585
Total: 585

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Steep Landing Angle?

Started by NeoMorph, May 11, 2011, 04:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoMorph

So I was looking for some pics of the ATR 72 when I stumble on this one of what seems to be an ATR 42 in trouble...

Now is it me or is this a rather steep angled landing... could there be a problem with the plane do you think? It might be the light from the camera flash but the overhead lamps are dark, the autopilot display and the nav radios are dark and the glide path indicator is missing from the EADI (Electronic Attitude Director Indicator).

The final piece of the puzzle that makes me think the plane is in trouble is... THE SMURF!  :o
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

xxilim

I don't know anything about ATR's but what are those eng gauges doing? looks like they'r doing nothing to me.

Maybe it's shopped?
Craig

FSX PC

i7 980x Stock Clock | EVGA X58 Classified 3 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 Tripple kit | 2x AMD5970's in Xfire | OCZ 240GB IBIS SSD! | 2x WD 1TB Black HDD | Corsair H-50 CPU cooler | Lian-Li PC-50 RSE Case | Corsair AX-1200W

Joe Lavery

Looks like a nice photoshop job to me  :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

DaveK

I just got back from the outer islands in a BN2. looks very much like the angle of approach we came in on.
Not sure what this young fella (pilot) was up to, as we came in on a cross wind when there was a perfectly good and available up wind rwy available.
Anyway they say a landing you walk away from is a good landing so I am still smiling.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate