Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 07:50:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
559 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 559
Total: 559

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Ace yokes?

Started by Drewsta, June 04, 2011, 03:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewsta

Hi guys, I am posting this message as I am a little concerned about my 767 yoke that is supposed to becoming from Ali  "Ace Yokes". I have paid in full and was sent an email stating that my yoke is almost ready and was on its way to the paint shop. That email was back on March 10th! The last email I received from Ali was over a month ago stating he was almost ready and needed a little bit more time? My yoke went from almost ready to ship on march 10th and now is 3 months later I and havent heard a thing. The reason I am posting this here is because I have paid in full almost $1800 australian for this yoke and I thought I would have had some better response from the boys at Ace Yokes.

I cannot Lie gentlemen , I am worried. Has anyone heard from or seen an email posted from these guys? Have they gone under? I have been extremely patient i think.

Thankyou
Drew

DaveK

Drew it seems to be a common problem with delays among suppliers.

Mind you I ordered a couple of Leos cards and they were here within 3 weeks, compared with other stuff I have ordered from aust and still waiting 5 weeks later.
Hope it all works out.
Dave

Drewsta

Hi Dave, I absolutely understand that there can be long lead times for such products and infact I was told that there would be around 5 weeks etc. My point is that we the customer still need to know how our product is coming along from time to time and we start to get itchy feet when we haven't heard anything for 4 weeks and are not getting reponses to our emails. If something unforseen has happened etc I understand that too but as they are running a professional company and receiving good money upfront, a quick email stating that should be sent in my opinion. Im certainly not out to pin Ali against a wall or knock his company, he has amazing products, I would just like to know for myself that he is still active and may be snowed under or something because I just haven't heard anything in so long.

I am a very patient person and hopefully hear from Ali within 7 days.

Drew

XOrionFE

My advice is to never pay the full price to any vendor until they state they are ready to ship.    Half is probably fair in this cottage industry as these guys run small operations and I am sure cash flow is rough and they need the supplys to build things but once they have all your money there is no longer any incentive for them to finish the job with any sense of urgency.    Again, half down and half on shipment.    Of course if you have had good service from a vendor in the past then you may choose to pay up front but with most I would definitely advise against it.     Some vendors are really excellent and literally will not take your money UNTIL they are ready to ship.   In fact, without naming names I have dealt with an EXTREMELY great vendor who has shipped stuff to me BEFORE I paid.  Now that is trust and great service.

Anyway....we also learn in this hobby that all of these items are highly specialized and waiting patiently comes as part of the price of entry.

Good Luck.
Scott

my737sim

Hey everyone,

No need to worry here. Ali is legitimate as they come. Yes, he does need to work on his response times to emails :) I had to bug him a little. I waited a lot longer than most of you for my first yoke, as production problems can happen. I know he wants to satisfy all of us and keep us happy, so he has a tendency to promise the world and then something comes up and we think he may be trying to con us. Really not the case here, he just needs to work on his production schedule, keep everyone informed and he will be ok.

I stuck with my order from him and I can from first hand experience tell you that its WORTH the wait!

Got my first yoke about a week ago and it looks AMAZING! I haven't had time with my work schedule to connect it yet, but Ali really came through.

Here is a little picture I took of it out the box sitting in the kitchen:

I'm not affiliated with Ali or his company but I will definitely be promoting his yoke on my website. It's an amazing product that is for sure! Give it time, it will come. And I think you will be really happy!

Blue Skies!

Matt Riggins
My737Sim
www.my737sim.com

Drewsta

Thanks for that reply Matt,  I haven't heard a thing in 4 weeks for something that was almost ready 3 months ago. So even if that was the case it still feels like someone else may have jumped the que in front of me or it was infact not ready. I'm only typing this here because of my concern and not receiving word on my product for so long.

Cheers
Drew

DaveK

With some of these wait times add to the fact that we tend not to impulse buy these products. From my perspective, I tend to initially drool, then contemplate, then stalk the photos and eventually decide. That can be over a period of weeks to months depending on the actual price.

Sometimes it hard to justify spending thousands on a hobby item.

Once the decision is made, then I want it NOW! not in another 3-12 months like some poor guys on here have had to wait.

And dont forget the secret to buying boyz toyz: dont tell your wife, buy it, then put it in the sim room for a while. When she spies it, your comment is "oh that old thing? nah had it for years just never had a use for it til now" Worked a treat when I wanted a new tool for the shed!!

AceTeam

Drew,  I emailed you in the afternoon. Please read :-)

We'll do anything to make you happy, mate.

Regards,
Ali- ACE Team

my737sim

All problems and time aside, Ali has been more than fair to me in offering to make me happy.

I know it feels like he's ignoring you. Just keep bugging him! :)

He'll definitely make you happy. To say I'm super impressed with this yoke is an understatement!

It will come. I'm only a customer, and I can tell you, it will come.

Posted a few photos on my blog:

http://www.my737sim.com

Blue Skies!

Matt

matta757

I completely second what Matt said... Ali is a great guy and his products are incredible. Yes, he gets backed up sometimes and I know it's frustrating, but his trustworthiness is never in question. He runs a great company.

And by the way Drew... as the first customer of the 757/767 yoke, I can tell you that it is MORE than worth the wait. The thing is simply incredible!

Matt

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate