Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 12:19:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
553 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 553
Total: 553

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

TO ALL COCKPITBUILDERS MEMBERS!

Started by Bob Reed, August 23, 2011, 04:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

If you are a registered member here (you log into the site with  name and password) and you CAN NOT see the "Who's Online" and bellow that the "Live Chat" on the left side of the home page, I need to know ASAP. Your permissions are not setup right for the site and there are things you can not see and access.

Ok I can see this is going to get rather large and I don't want that. PM me if you are having an issue. Will also help me track the progress.

727737Nut

I see who is online but nothing about live chat.

Rob
737 Junkie

NeoMorph

I can only see the User block and then Donations on the left hand side. Nothing else.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Bob Reed

Rob, you are set up right. Maybe something in your settings. It is a java app we are working to change that. NeoMorph you where not set up correctly. I have fixed it.

REMEMBER it only shows on the home page!!

NeoMorph

I can see who is online now but still no IRC link.

I hate setting up permissions... Most fiddly thing about website access.

Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Bob Reed

Quote from: NeoMorph on August 23, 2011, 05:21:18 AM
I can see who is online now but still no IRC link.

I hate setting up permissions... Most fiddly thing about website access.

What browser are you using?

XOrionFE

Same here

No IRC link.    Using IE 8

Bob Reed

Quote from: XOrionFE on August 23, 2011, 05:38:57 AM
Same here

No IRC link.    Using IE 8

Scott, do you have java installed on that machine?

NeoMorph

Ahhh... It's appearing on the home page now.

One weird thing though... when writing this post the fonts have grown larger!

Bob Reed

If I have said I fixed your permissions, be sure and log off and log back on. IT ONLY SHOWS UP ON THE HOME PAGE.

PaulD

B737-HH

Bob Reed

Quote from: B737-HH on August 24, 2011, 03:31:12 AM
sorry cannot see it ..

Fixed log out and then back in, you should see it now.

barettaj

Bob Reed

Quote from: barettaj on August 28, 2011, 12:38:20 PM
Cannot see it

Your account has been fixed make sure to log out and back in.

NeoMorph

Bob, remind peeps they can use programs like mIRC to access the IRC channel directly if they don't like the security warnings. For the server details just use irc.cockpitbuilders.com and then join #builders and you are ready to chat away. It's also possible to run IRC clients on tablets and smartphones (I'm using Quicklime on an iPad... but the software is usable on an iPhone too).

Should get more people in when they realise they can send messages from wherever they are.

Bob Reed

Quote from: NeoMorph on September 05, 2011, 10:50:39 PM
Bob, remind peeps they can use programs like mIRC to access the IRC channel directly if they don't like the security warnings. For the server details just use irc.cockpitbuilders.com and then join #builders and you are ready to chat away. It's also possible to run IRC clients on tablets and smartphones (I'm using Quicklime on an iPad... but the software is usable on an iPhone too).

Should get more people in when they realise they can send messages from wherever they are.

Hey NeoMorph. We have replaced the chat client and there are no more security warnings when you log in. We have found a much nicer client.

NeoMorph

Yeah... works a lot better than the old one. Which client is it btw? I was looking for an IRC client for my gaming site a while back.

Tyler Reed

- Tyler Reed

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate