Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 29, 2024, 07:49:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
111 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 143
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Here we go again...

Started by jackpilot, November 23, 2011, 04:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

I know that Maurice got some already but here in the "south" of the North this is the first attack!
Nice surprise this morning.
PS: Time to go back in the workshop and finish the wiring...lol

Jack

XOrionFE

Very Nice Jack.   Kinda gives you that "its time for building" feeling doesn't it?

Scott

shaneb

ahh . . a cup of coffee (or preferred drink) , a little music, and  sim building time . .  nice!    :idiot:
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Trevor Hale

I didn't want anyone teasing me...  But Hate to tell you Jack, I have had that crap for 2 weeks now :)  Hopefully this weekend it will be gone again though.

Happy Shovelling.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

You are right Shane, a good heated workshop looking outside as the S....hits the fan!!
Anyway I moved the said workshop to the garage and build the platform now.
Pics will follow shortly but so far it is a bit messy and, you know me , I like it neat , (neater)! lol
Once the platform is done the shell and liners will be assembled... Ah, I love winter! (lie lie) :laugh:

Jack

Bob Reed

Quote from: Trevor Hale on November 23, 2011, 07:59:08 AM
I didn't want anyone teasing me...  But Hate to tell you Jack, I have had that crap for 2 weeks now :)  Hopefully this weekend it will be gone again though.

Happy Shovelling.

Trev

lol and who would do that? We are going to be in the 60s the next few days. This time of year every day over freezing I will take because that is one less day of snow for us.....

Trevor Hale

Quote from: Bob Reed on November 23, 2011, 09:57:16 AM
Quote from: Trevor Hale on November 23, 2011, 07:59:08 AM

Happy Shovelling.

Trev

lol and who would do that? We are going to be in the 60s the next few days. This time of year every day over freezing I will take because that is one less day of snow for us.....

Lucky you..  Keep the heat while can.
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

shaneb

I'm with Bob . . however; I do like snow at Christmas  but after that looking toward Spring!  Snow/cold is hard on the heat bill too! Cuts in on the sim money!    ;D
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Maurice

You are right Jack...we had our first 'dump' last week but it's all gone now. Was quite nice for a day or two before the wind blew everything away from the trees. We were without power for about 36 hours but we have an automatic generator that powers just about everything in our house so we were not really affected.

Winter can be very beautiful but I'm ready for spring now  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

Very nice pics Mau.
Shocking to see so much white stuff on a landscape that was a barbecue playground on our last Sim fest!!
Happy to know that the propane  "ground power" was effective!!
Cheers
Jack

Jack

Trevor Hale

LOL @ Jack..  "Ground Power" Thats hilarious.  I have to agree though, those pictures are beautiful, but summer is so much nicer :)  Good show. 
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

ETomlin

Quote from: maurice on November 23, 2011, 04:44:04 PM
You are right Jack...we had our first 'dump' last week but it's all gone now. Was quite nice for a day or two before the wind blew everything away from the trees. We were without power for about 36 hours but we have an automatic generator that powers just about everything in our house so we were not really affected.

Winter can be very beautiful but I'm ready for spring now  :)

Maurice

Come now Maurice- tell us the TRUTH. You KNOW that the generator is only there to provide power for the simulator when the grid is down and not to mention, power the satellite internet service for VATSIM and online weather. When will you ever being telling your friends the truth???

:huh:
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Maurice

Quote from: ETomlin on November 24, 2011, 05:23:50 AM

Come now Maurice- tell us the TRUTH. You KNOW that the generator is only there to provide power for the simulator when the grid is down and not to mention, power the satellite internet service for VATSIM and online weather. When will you ever being telling your friends the truth???

:huh:

Actually Eric, the real truth is that even though we have a 14 KW Generac, the electricians never wired most of the wall plugs except kitchen, bathrooms & all utilities). So for almost 2 years, we had no Internet & no TV during power failures (poor us!  ::)  ;D ).

I don't like the 'pioneer' life & I though that was ridiculous, so I figured out how to re-route the 'important' wall plugs so that they are now fed by the Generac and now we have Internet & TV as well. The simulator though takes too much power so I left it alone and I think I can live with that especially since I would also need several UPS's to take care of the momentary loss of power before the Generac kicks in  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

DaveK

wow that looks abit chilly

I wont mention about the temps in the 30 degrees celcius slightly humid and trips to the Great Barrier Reef on the jetskis... that would just be mean to those of you playing in the white stuff.... :P

Kennair

And 36c last week in Perth with bushfires!  The only thing white is the head on my beer!

Enjoy the freeze boys :)

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate