Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 09:24:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
560 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 560
Total: 560

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FDS CDU FAIL Light

Started by Sean, June 30, 2012, 01:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

When starting up my ProMX CDU from FDS, via the CDU Controller software, the FAIL light illuminates instantly.

Starting up PM does not extinguish the light. It is always on, even though both the CDU and PM appear to work correctly.

I've tried starting PM first, then running the controller software, but the result is exactly the same.

Any clues?

Speedbird17

Sean

From memory the PM ini file has a line for keyboard lights. Check that out.

Ralph
Ralph
London, UK
www.737-800bbj.com

Increasing Success by Lowering Expectations

blueskydriver

Does the light go off after you program a complete route and finish up to the CDU preflight line?

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Sean

Hi Ralph.

I had a situation where the LED on the EXEC key wasn't working. I altered the ini file to set lights on (there were two 'light' entries, setting just the first one on did nothing, setting the second one enebled the EXEC key).

But the FAIL light comes on the instant I start the CDU controller software. I thought this might have been because it couldn't see PM and would extinguish once PM was running, but it doesn't.

A google search suggested I should start PM first, wait 20 seconds or so for it to initialise, then start the CDU controller, but it makes no difference. The fail light illuminates the instant the CDU springs to life.

John, the light never goes off, ever.

It's got to be something minor, but what???  :huh:

Sean

Sean

I have it working now. Once I started FSX, at some point the fail light went out.

Now it doesn't come on when starting the CDU controller. It must remember it's last state or something?

Cheers chaps.

Sean

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate