Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 11:56:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
584 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 584
Total: 584

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSX/P3D performance comparison

Started by Sean, September 01, 2012, 11:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

riche543

Thanks for this it's interesting , how this would go for full cockpit usage.

Riche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tennyson

What version of P3D was Kosta using? Was it the new version 1.4??

It's very interesting, tho.

I have a full license for P3d, but was having too many hassles with my flight controls. I gave up and went back to FSX, but I would be interested if the new version had fixed those problems and if those stats by Kosta are right.

Frank Cooper

rprather

My overall experience with P3D has been quite good. Exceptional performance, more accurate roadways, stars at night (were those there in FSX). Ever landed a 777 with FLIR... Lol.

Flight controls can be quite frustrating though. One rule I've learned the hard way... With P3D, don't plug in or unplug joysticks while the simulation is running. Otherwise your yoke may start controlling your rudders and your rudder may become the throttle :-(

Robert

rhysb

One thing am I right in saying is that p3d textures are native at 4096 x 4096 rather than fsx 1024 x 1024 so even though the frame rates are similar it's actually processing 4 x more data?

Im loving xplane at the mo although all the money I have spent on fsx and when it decides to run smoothly and not have one of its moods fsx does seem awesome so is p3d a way forward with the fact that fsx Addons fit right in?
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Maurice

Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Kennair

Doh!  I guess it justifies the healthy sceptisim to be maintained when reading user reviews.  Happily though his final report reflects the same results I had during my testing also.  Others I've read have came to similar conclusions too.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate