Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 02:39:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
360 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 360
Total: 360

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

The "Multipit" by Scott

Started by XOrionFE, September 24, 2012, 02:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Well, I have been a little quiet lately and that is because I have been working on a little side project.   Inspired by the PFC Modular Flightdecks and enabled by a combination of PFC's Cirrus II console, Emuteq's G1000 and 530 panels, GoFlight, X-Plane, and some wonderful software by Flythissim....I was able to realize a dream I have had for a couple years.   This is it.   A single seat General aviation trainer that allows me to fly a number of different planes with minimal reconfiguration effort.   I dubbed it my "Multipit".     Shown here is the KingAir B200 which I was having an absolute blast flying all over Socal and Nevada last night.    Flythissim's wonderful software which is networkable allows me to change panels to multiple different aircraft with a couple mouse clicks.  They also include the aircraft files for XPlane 9 and 10.   I am currently running X-Plane 9 because the PFC Cirrus II console X-Plane 10 Plug in is in beta right now and still has a few kinks.  That said, X-Plane 9 is pretty awesome and does a fine job along with full instructor station built in which I run on the side table on a laptop.    The PFC Cirrus was pretty important mainly because I wanted the quickly changable Throttle quadrant with which a couple thumbscrews I can change out to single, twin, or turbo.  I also have Vernier controls that can be put on to match a Cessna.    The MIP panel removes in about 10 minutes and can be replaced with a second panel that I have setup with G1000s like a Glass 182 cockpit.   I will send some pictures of this next time I change out.    So right now I can fly the following aircraft all by changing small parameters in the Flythissim software, swapping the main panel, and the TQ:  C182, C182T, C206, C206T, Beech Bonanza, Beech Baron 58 (regular with Garmin 530 or G1000 glass), Kingair C90B, A100, B200, BE 1900, Piper Cheyenne, Pilatus PC12, Cessna 501, and Dehavilland DHC 6 (with dual 430s that can be displayed inside the one Emuteq 530 panel and be switeched between focus with a button on the panel).      More pics to come as I take them :-)

P.S - 3 22" displays are just fine.....

Scott

N737AG

Wowww Scott. I'd love to fly the C182 with G1000.

Have fun my friend

Axel

HondaCop

Very nice setup. Scott! Clean and well laid out...

XOrionFE

Thanks guys.   I will get the g1000 mip back on later this week with some pics.   Having too much fun with the king air at the moment.   Bob Reed....you gotta make a trip out to Chi town!

Scott

Maurice

That just looks awesome Scott.  I would switch to that in a hearbeat if somebody wanted to trade  :). I am sure you will do a lot more flying on that than on your 737 and I would do the same if I had such a setup.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

MLeavy737

Scott,
  Looks awesome! Came a long way since I saw it! Look forward to seeing it soon :)

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Kennair

Oh common Scott, you killing me here, I so want to get my PC12 back into operation now!  You've got sim heaven going on over at your place.

Have fun mate  :)

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

rhysb

Love it Scott! Opens up so much more fun flying!
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

shaneb

Really like that Scott . .  I've had a lot of fun with my generic sim but it is nowhere near as nice as yours! I would like to build something similiar at some point . . I like flying the small GA at times
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Nat Crea

XOrionFE

Here are some pictures with the G1000 panel in place along with a link to a youtube video I just made early this morning.   Hope you enjoy....

Scott

http://youtu.be/M-VS-UA87bA

jskibo

What, no Mooney?   ;)

Awesome work Scott!
Less than 4 years to retirement......

rhysb

Scott, I think your homemade platform is perfect for a d-box motion platform conversion!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

XOrionFE

Quote from: jskibo on October 02, 2012, 09:22:36 AM
What, no Mooney?   ;)

Awesome work Scott!

Thanks John

They do have a Mooney package at FlyThisSim so would be pretty easy to add!

XOrionFE

Quote from: rhysb on October 02, 2012, 11:58:49 AM
Scott, I think your homemade platform is perfect for a d-box motion platform conversion!

Hmmm, what is that?   Sounds interesting!

jskibo

Less than 4 years to retirement......

rhysb

Yep that's the one, Scott this is an excellent bit of kit and can be used in a tight space, the roll is only about 3-4 degrees but it is excellent, my friend BOb at RC simulations has one up and running in a similar setup to yours, I will nip over there this week and take a few photos and videos for you.

XOrionFE

wow, thats cool.   Any idea how much one of these costs?

Scott

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate