Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 08:20:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
570 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 570
Total: 570

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

VatMap program (free) for Ipad

Started by blueskydriver, November 07, 2013, 04:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Just a quick post for now... If you have an Ipad, you must download "VatMap", which is free and native iOS. It is for use with VatSim, but it gives you so much, much more! Make sure you use the menu button in the lefthand, top corner. This program is like an EFB giving you charts, weather, flights, ATC, friends list, maps like those on google maps, and much more.

All I can say is go check it out...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Maurice

Nice find John. Here is a pic of today's WF traffic over Canada.

Thanks,

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Trevor Hale

That's really pretty cool..   Thanks for showing us that.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Hey Guys,

Yeah, I just stumbled onto it the other night and I'm not sure who did it, but they did a great job on it. Like Maurice showing the WF grouping, you can go into the menu and add friends, which will place a circle around that friends aircraft, if they're flying on VatSim.

So, I befriended DAL209 (CB-WF Team USA) and I got a circle around them, then I just go to the friends list again, select that name in the list, and then it will take me to where that friend is on the map automatically. In other words, it makes it easy to find other people when they're flying...like WF pilots.

Of course there are the maps and charts features which are current dated items, so you get it all on your Ipad; especially, when you just type an ICAO. Unlike AirNav, where you have to go back and forth, and you might have multiple safari tab pages, the VatMap shows it all in a listing on one page.

Finally, Maurice how did you snap the pic on the Ipad while in VatMap? I couldn't figure that one out yet...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Trevor Hale

Press the power button and the function at the same time and it takes a screenshot. Then you can email it to yourself and upload it to whatever you want. The iPhone works the same.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Maurice

Quote from: Trevor Hale on November 07, 2013, 02:27:46 PM
Press the power button and the function at the same time and it takes a screenshot. Then you can email it to yourself and upload it to whatever you want. The iPhone works the same.

Or....you can do what I did...use a regular camera to take a picture of the IPAD screen. You do remember what regular cameras are, do you?   ;D
I know, I know...I'm sounding like an old fart not in touch with current technology  ::)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

rhysb

Great find, excellent app that!

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

markfire

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate