Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 07:59:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
550 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 550
Total: 550

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

How to prevent FSX sound changing when moving to an external view?

Started by sluyt050, May 06, 2014, 04:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sluyt050

Hi all,

Outside my 737 cockpit I have a FSX service display that shows a small 2D cockpit view by default which I don't use since I have my 3 projectors running on separate scenery only client PC's. If someone likes to watch an external view on the service monitor, FSX sound also changes as defined in the sound.cfg file. I want FSX always to play the 2D cockpit view sound regardless of the selected viewpoint.
My question is: can this be done?

I played a bit with the sound.cfg file. Disabling the external view sounds is easy but that's only half way.

Regards,
Edward

FredK

Why not just split (duplicate) the speaker output leads from the cockpit computer to the remote area where the outside view is.  Then kill the outside view sound.  Use a cheap amplifier (if necessary) to boost the output.

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Nat Crea

Edward

Email me your sound.cfg, I'll have a look.
(not the .wav sounds!  :) )

Nat

sluyt050

Quote from: FredK on May 06, 2014, 05:50:48 PM
Why not just split (duplicate) the speaker output leads from the cockpit computer to the remote area where the outside view is.  Then kill the outside view sound.  Use a cheap amplifier (if necessary) to boost the output.

Fred
Hi Fred,
I had to think about your suggestion. What I did not explain is that the FSX sound I use comes from the main FSX server sound card. This is the PC that produces the base view on my service monitor. I do not use sound from my 3 scenery only WideView FSX clients. Thinking about your answer, and besides that Nat might be able to tweak the sound.cfg, I could  transfer my sound card to e.g. my center view client PC. That view never changes. So that would solve the problem.

Additional: Unfortunately, no WideView clients can be used for sound since there is no status info from the controls (e.g. throttles, landing gear) transferred. WideView only takes care of scenery updates.
Edward

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate