Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 08:57:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
572 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 572
Total: 572

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

PilotEdge, VATSIM, IVAO....

Started by RayS, October 14, 2015, 10:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayS

In an interesting twist of fate tonight I was on VatTastic, just seeing if KSEA was manned... by anyone... and of course ... "Nope".

But the chat window really caught my attention. It was full of guys calling eachother names, denigrating eachother and just basic immature rudeness.

After seeing that I haz a sad.

Realizing that KSEA would probably never be fully staffed on VATSIM I wanted to see if there was any excitement on IVAO. Most of their traffic (A whole 40 birds in-flight) was mostly in Europe.

Then I visited PilotEdge, because... well... what's left?

Lo' and behold, they are adding Seattle, and a few other surrounding airports to the mix. With my Beech 1900D, this should be a lot of fun!

Take my money, Pilotedge! Take my money. :-) :laugh:

Ray Sotkiewicz

727737Nut

They are adding KSEA KDEN KPHX and weekly surprise airports.  It will be an extra charge on top of the 19.95 a month but WELL worth it.  I fly on PE now 90% of the time and it makes flying very realistic.  Also adding Dual comm support for x-plane plus they have traffic output  to Foreflight now working. Very cool
Rob
737 Junkie

Trevor Hale

Unfortunately I don't fly enough to justify paying monthly for the ATC Service.  I really enjoy Worldflight because not only do I get to fly with my friends in the cockpit (Not by myself) But I get my fill of ATC.

Honestly, if and when I ever get my simulator into a permanently heated facility (Inside the house or Similar) and fly it regularly then I will consider something like pilot edge.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Hey Ray,

Looks like you were sending out mind signals, check this out:

http://www.vatusa.net/forums/index.php?topic=4930.0

It's tonight!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Sam Llorca

Sponsored Route: KSEA-KGEG / EST, 45 Minutes
SEA4 EPH ZOOMR ZOOMR1
(http://www.airnav.com/airport/kgeg)

This is a great route to fly, they should incorporate this area,  when Bob Reed  was at my sim back on the spring we got to fly it, real weather, full motion, etc.
Just awesome, unforgettable experience, my captain did a great  job until the landing part, don't blame him it was a full CAT III approach, windy and overcast, it was bouncing pretty good but we landed safely.
Cheers!  :idiot:

Bob Reed

Quote from: Sam Llorca on October 17, 2015, 03:29:20 AM
Sponsored Route: KSEA-KGEG / EST, 45 Minutes
SEA4 EPH ZOOMR ZOOMR1
(http://www.airnav.com/airport/kgeg)

This is a great route to fly, they should incorporate this area,  when Bob Reed  was at my sim back on the spring we got to fly it, real weather, full motion, etc.
Just awesome, unforgettable experience, my captain did a great  job until the landing part, don't blame him it was a full CAT III approach, windy and overcast, it was bouncing pretty good but we landed safely.
Cheers!  :idiot:

All I am going to say about that flight.... I was fighting the aircraft all the way out and several times I looked over and my co pilot who was hanging on for dear life. I was sweating, it was better then any "ride" you would pay to go on. When we got on the ground we looked at each other and just went "WOW" As Sam stated, unforgettable!

RayS

Coming over the Cascades can make for a wild ride. Must have been blowing pretty hard through there! I've flown that route in real life and dare I say... never again.. I'd rather be in a Boeing with someone WAY more experienced than me at the controls. :-)
Ray Sotkiewicz

Sam Llorca

Don't know what is was but the downdraft and turbulence shake us up pretty good, in a year or so that I've been using the full motion it had never move or shake like that flight,  we got on it without checking weather or anything like that, it was going to be a nice and relaxing flight, but after rotation,  thru the climb,  at cruise and a very demanding descent all the way to the threshold it was full time action.
The rest of the story I let Bob tell you when you guys get here, unforgettable! 

RayS

What was your altitude? Were you above 14,000?
Ray Sotkiewicz

Sam Llorca

Bob Reed

Quote from: Sam Llorca on October 18, 2015, 05:35:36 PM
Started at 16,000 then 22,000

Yea, we tried to get above it. I wish we had recorded that one!

RayS

You should shoot an approach into KLAS. That is quite the ride at about high noon.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate