Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 07:50:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
349 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 398
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 349
Total: 349

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Looking for Pushbuttons

Started by Mach7, May 01, 2016, 04:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach7

Hello All,

I am building an instructor station for my 146 pit.

I am looking for a large number of push on/off (maintained "on")  latching push button switches.

I want the instructor panel to look very industrial, like the old Reddifusion sims, but have had        absolutely no luck in finding any such type of switch.

I would need over 100 of them.

Here is an example of what I am looking for.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Thx

navymustang

I am sure you have thought of this, but a hundred switches at somewhere between $20 to $50 each, Wow !
What about a virtual switch panel that is an LCD touch screen that simply mimics the look and feel you want. The whole thing could be designed and built for under a hundred I would imagine.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

bernard S

find 74-3 FE Station they have lost of switches like that

Mach7

@bernardS

Is that a website? I could not find anything under that search.

bernard S

no sir not a web site  but a 747- 100, 200 or 747-300 have flight engineer stations those station points have a lot of those style panels that you can pick up for next to nothing which have the switching you are seeking :-))))) hope that helps you out , otherwise new forget it with that switching you will need part numbers and manufacture and they WILL be expensive

Mike.Powell

iwik

Mike,
Nice to see you here. Sorry to go track
Les

Mach7

Thanks for the information guys,

@Mike.Powell, thanks for the email link!

Mach7

I have a question in to the seller of this switch product,(the link that Mike provided), with respect to the "self-reset" and "self-lock" terminology.

I am assuming that the "self-lock" switch product choice would refer to a 'maintained' or latching "in" (on) type of switch that I currently desire ? ....would that sound about right?

thanks

Joe Lavery

I have these switches and self lock as you say is latching and self reset is momentary.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Mach7

mikeybear

Hi,

I've used this sort of button for annunciators for my Cessna C208 , some are light only , some are latching, and some momentary .
Picture attached for info.

Regards

Dave

Mach7

Dave,

These are the exact type of buttons I am looking for!

Where did you get them?

-Jim

mikeybear

Hi Jim,

These are like the ones Mike Powell has linked to,

I got mine off ebay.co.uk ( though both in china/hk)

from two different sellers,

"bulb" ones from sellerbible, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-Panel-Mount-Latching-Red-Lamp-Rectangular-Push-Button-Switch-AC-220V-/191693510176?hash=item2ca1d2d620

and led ones from zeroinestore   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-LED-Light-Push-Button-Switch-Rectangular-DC-12V-24V-Momentary-Latching-24mm-/201439923170?var=&hash=item748f4d2ce1

some of mine are lamp only , and some are switches , though I'm only using them as annunciators. I gutted the bulub and replaced with an appropriate coloured led without resistor as I'm powering them from a MAX7219.

Regards

Dave

Mach7

Thanks Dave,

Ok...your attached picture looked like they were a different type of pushbutton switch. But glad to see they are the same type as Mike Powell recommended.

-Jim

mikeybear

Hi Jim,

Here are a couple more photos , hopefully they're a little clearer

Regards

Dave

Mach7

Thanks for the extra pics Dave.

I just ordered 150 of them from ebay!

-Jim

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate