Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 10:47:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
362 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 381
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 362
Total: 362

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Side views

Started by Bob Reed, October 02, 2017, 03:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

I have been working on my side views for several days. I am pretty happy with the results so far but more tweaking is needed. I just want to make sure I am understanding what think I am seeing. Everything looks very good ad slower speeds but when the speeds get faster, the left side view does not appear to move as fast as the front. Am I correct in thinking this has to do with the zoom factor? Or is it a combination of zoom and angle? I am going to keep playing with it. Like I said it looks pretty good, but it could be better!! lol

RayS

Could it be latency in updating that particular display?
Ray Sotkiewicz

Nlgravity

Quote from: Bob Reed on October 02, 2017, 03:01:20 PM
I have been working on my side views for several days. I am pretty happy with the results so far but more tweaking is needed. I just want to make sure I am understanding what think I am seeing. Everything looks very good ad slower speeds but when the speeds get faster, the left side view does not appear to move as fast as the front. Am I correct in thinking this has to do with the zoom factor? Or is it a combination of zoom and angle? I am going to keep playing with it. Like I said it looks pretty good, but it could be better!! lol

Based on your description it sounds to me as a zoom difference. What wrapping sifteare are you using?

Bob Reed

Quote from: Nlgravity on October 05, 2017, 12:08:58 PM
Quote from: Bob Reed on October 02, 2017, 03:01:20 PM

Based on your description it sounds to me as a zoom difference. What wrapping sifteare are you using?

I am not using any. From what I am seeing I would say zoom as well. Tomorrow I will spend some more time playing with it. 

navymustang

I assume you have set up camera views for each screen.  Ar you using something like Window builder spreadsheet to accomplish this?
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

blueskydriver

Check to make sure you're not using virtual cockpit camera values in the windowmaker settings, you should be using cockpit view cameras. Virtual cockpit is more 3D perspective over the 2D view settings, but for multiview in warping you should be using 2D views. However, with monitors I am not sure because you're not using the warping programs.

Still, virtual cockpit camera views might look better on the multi monitors and you just remove the virtual cockpit itself, but curious to which would be faster 3D or 2D views? Yes, you can remove the virtual cockpit from the virtual cockpit view, I think it's in the same panel folder for removing the 2D one...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Bob Reed

Jim, I am not using anything to help me with this. Did not know there was anything that would. John I am selecting "Create a new camera view" from the view drop down to make the new views. Does that answer you question?

navymustang

The trusted tool I use for simple view design is FSX WindowMaker. It's a spreadsheet that can be found on many cockpit sites.
Give it some basic inputs and it creates a skeleton file of the required views to put into FSX or P3D.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Bob Reed

Quote from: navymustang on October 13, 2017, 04:07:19 AM
The trusted tool I use for simple view design is FSX WindowMaker. It's a spreadsheet that can be found on many cockpit sites.
Give it some basic inputs and it creates a skeleton file of the required views to put into FSX or P3D.

Does this tool assume you are using views that are all the same size? i.e. monitors that are all the same size? I am not. My front view is 100" across while my side views are 39". I have found the tool and will take a look at it.

ifeliciano

FSX or P3D? Somewhere in the P3D forum there was a document on setting up View Groups, but I dont recall if you could setup different size views.

Bob Reed

Quote from: ifeliciano on October 13, 2017, 07:31:49 AM
FSX or P3D? Somewhere in the P3D forum there was a document on setting up View Groups, but I dont recall if you could setup different size views.

Yes I am looking at that now. Pretty complex... Makes my brain hurt!  :D

navymustang

The WindowMaker tool does assume same size views (which translates to LCD sizes). So this tool won't help with your set up, and I don't think there is a tool out there that will make that calculation.

Bob Reed

Quote from: navymustang on October 13, 2017, 08:50:55 AM
The WindowMaker tool does assume same size views (which translates to LCD sizes). So this tool won't help with your set up, and I don't think there is a tool out there that will make that calculation.

Ya kind of what I am finding. Thanks for your time!  :)

navymustang

I just took a look at Immersive Display Pro's LCD designer tool. It mightwork for you and the tool is free. But you have to install their blending software running with P3D and I believe that is less than $200.

I use their software on all of my sims for the projection systems. Excellent quality software.

Jim

Bob Reed

I will take a look. Thank you!

ifeliciano

Quote from: Bob Reed on October 13, 2017, 07:48:35 AM
Quote from: ifeliciano on October 13, 2017, 07:31:49 AM

Yes I am looking at that now. Pretty complex... Makes my brain hurt!  :D

:O Seemed complicated at first, but once the first view is set, then you "get it". I had it setup on my 3-monitor rig for a while.  Hope you find a solution!!

Bob Reed

Actually, it looks pretty good. My issue is I have 3 different size monitors. So I had to adjust some of the settings, but I am getting there. Pictures tomorrow as I am not home now.

Bob Reed

Well the view saga continues. It is definitely a zoom issue. I have yet to wrap my head completely around it. I stopped working on it for a bit as I was spending all my time sitting int eh cockpit and twisting my neck around lol. Sore neck... Anyway I am doing a little more looking there has to be a solution out there someplace. I am using View Groups at this time and I am doing so, so that it is aircraft independent. If you have ideas I am open to listen...

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate