Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 02:33:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
557 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Video cards and DELL Optiplex 7010 SSF

Started by Goodenough, March 21, 2018, 12:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goodenough

I need help with some technical stuff. I own a Dell 7010 SSF core i3 and want to install a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 GRAPHICS CARD. First question can I do this second, can I run two monitors and operate a short throw projector for my visuals?
I am using Microsoft FS 2004 and a B767 level D addon

Bob Reed

Is this a full tower or one of the narrower ones? If it is a narrower one you would need a half hight card...

Goodenough

It is a more narrrow tower and looks like this

Jason L

Two monitors AND a projector?  That is asking a lot of that computer and the video card you are considering.  I've worked with those SSF Dell's before and they do not do a good job handling heat, which is what that extra video card will do.

Goodenough

Im going to ask a lot of dum questions but what would you recommend in this case besidea going to a more powerful compiter. Is it poosible to have one compiter supply visuals and another providing something else?
So having two computers

blueskydriver

Hey Perry,

What is the something else part? Do you mean like the aircraft panel etc (what you would see in the cockpit), as well as what plane are you doing (sorry, I forgot)? Once this is known, I or others can help you with this...

Oh, no question is a dumb question ever, this website is geared towards helping others and their questions (any) regarding flight simulation. If anything, new members might be politely suggested to try the search engine at the top of the page for help; especially, during the overnight hours. Then again, you got die hard types like myself on here all night long...lol!...who will help out.  :idiot:

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Goodenough

Thanks for this and I am building a SINGLE SEAT B767.
I was thinking of running two 8"  monitors for the captains PFD ....is there anothè more efficient way of doing this?

blueskydriver

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Bob Reed

Quote from: Goodenough on March 21, 2018, 03:49:23 PM
Im going to ask a lot of dum questions but what would you recommend in this case besidea going to a more powerful compiter. Is it poosible to have one compiter supply visuals and another providing something else?
So having two computers

The short answer is yes... I currently have 4 computers running the sim and one computer running some non esential stuff.

KyleH

Quote from: Goodenough on March 21, 2018, 05:55:17 PM
Thanks for this and I am building a SINGLE SEAT B767.
I was thinking of running two 8"  monitors for the captains PFD ....is there anothè more efficient way of doing this?

More efficient? In terms of cost?

In your application as you stated in your original post, using

• FS9
  • LevelD
  • Single Seat

One decent computer can handle that.
The system I built with FSX in mind ran FS9 with projector plus 4 monitors for instruments no problem.

Keep in mind what multiple computers will cost you vs. one good system.
Now if you get the itch to get into FSX/P3D/X-plane, then consider multiple systems.

With LevelD your only option for networked gauges is using WideView.

I'd suggest you join the 767 builders group on Yahoo, and see how others there are doing it. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/b767homecockpitbuilders/info
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Goodenough

Thanks Kyle
I will look into this. what would you recommend for a good computer to handle all of this?

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate