Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 11:16:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
37 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 41
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Temporary throttle needed !

Started by Caflyt, April 10, 2018, 04:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caflyt

I am about to tear into my throttle to rebuild the "guts" and I want a non motorized replacement to take its place for a while while mine is in the "shop".
Does anyone here in USA have an extra 737 throttle unit lying around at a decent price?

It's a long shot I know but you don't know if you don't ask, right?

Craig

FredK

Hmmmm.....

I have a surplus SimParts 737 TQ. 

This was my original TQ that I had built from a kit that SimParts offered at the time, since discontinued.

It is motorized and uses a Phidgets interface. I was never completely happy with the lever motorization since the lever design is based on a combination of a straight lever mechanical arrangement driven by servo motors....admittedly not the best way to do that.  All the non-motorized functions and inputs/outputs work fine.

The unit is 8 years old but was only used for 3 years and is in very good physical condition.  I replaced it 5 years ago when I acquired my real TQ and did my conversion project.

I have kept it thinking that I would tinker with redesigning the lever mechanical drive to a DC motor arrangement as sort of a side project.  I have never found the time to do that and most likely never will.

So at this point I might entertain a lend/lease kind of arrangement or even an outright sale.

I can vouch that the mechanical condition is in working order, but I am not advertising this is a "plug-and-play" unit. The Phidgets program I was using was a third party freeware that was running on WIN XP at the time, so all that would have to be updated (software and possibly the electronic interface).  So the buyer (or leasee) would have to have a good technical capability to get it all interface properly.  For just a non-motorized case that would be straightforward to do for someone in the know. But the understanding is that I will not help with any of that!

The item is heavy and bulky so shipping is going to be a headache.

I will see if I can search out a picture.

Fred K

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

FredK

See pictures herewith.

Note that the trim wheels are in fact painted black with the white striped indexing, however I never did find suitable crank handles to install (not offered with the kit).

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Caflyt

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate