Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 06:37:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
46 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 41
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

How did you mount the forward overhead frame?

Started by kurt-olsson, June 03, 2018, 07:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

As topic, the back has cut holes for mounting/swing down function. But how did you mount it at the front?

And also, one of the holes has a small damage to it, do you think i need to repair this before adding panels?

jackpilot

OEM use Cam locks   [ebay]171984176889[/ebay]

Much easier (and safer) see drawing
A bolt and a wing nut

Jack

kurt-olsson

kurt-olsson

Having hard time with finding a good solution...
Do you have a "rod" for the two holes in the back of the overhead frame or do you use two seperate bolts?

I need something slim to mount it to that dont stick down and is visible under the panel aswell...

Hm...

jackpilot

Jack

kurt-olsson

Ok. I was afraid that it would put straint on the frame if not aligned perfect.

I will need some sort of metal bracket that has rounded corners and is about 5cm width and about 15-20cm long. Is there such stuff and whats it called?

kurt-olsson

Would be great if it had predrilled holes aswell...

kurt-olsson

kurt-olsson

Progress!!!

Really lucky on the mountbrackings that they fit real nice.
Sorry for spamming, but let me know if you dont think this will hold. (I used 7 screws in each).

jackpilot

Jack

kurt-olsson

Thanks Jack, really appreciate your input on this.

The forward overhead i will mount with the same type of brackets, but i will also drill a hole in the middle of the bracket and put a bolt through the stud becuase on that one i can only put 5 screws in.

kurt-olsson

Back again! Hahaha

Need some input on how i can solve the forward connection of the teo holes in the front of the forward overhead frame.
I use thick stripes for the Aft frame, works great and is easy to remove and put back.

But this is a tad heavier, if anyone have a tip or suggestion on how to connect the studs to the two holes let me know. Right now i am out of ideas.

kurt-olsson

Overhead panels 100% complete.

Appreciate input about my brackets and mounting. It feels super sturdy, but let me know if you think something dont look right.

jackpilot

If I am correctly understanding your pic, that nut should be on the other side of the OVH,
otherwise how wil you be able to undo it if you have to swing open the OVH. The best will be a wing nut (no tools needed)
(See reply 1 to this post)

Jack

kurt-olsson

Hahaha!
Your right Jack!

Now i press it with my shoulder while loosing the nut and its hard to reach. Of course its better to have it on the other side as you say. I will also get a wingnut for easy removal.
I did the same misstake on the aft overhead aswell. :)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate