Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 31, 2024, 02:21:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
67 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 103
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 67
Total: 67

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Any way to make a keyboard key pause an external device?

Started by mgovernali, June 09, 2018, 07:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgovernali

Hello You Guys.,I need to find a way to map a key on the keyboard ( i.e. the "P" Key) which would pause the sim (that's easy of course) but also simultaneously cut the power to an external device.Thank you everyone.
Marco.  :idiot:

Atomic_Sheep

Seems like a good way of doing it. I think it should work. I guess to test just try and press the pause button and if it doesn't start pausing and unpausing really quickly, you're fine to use a toggle switch.

mgovernali

Thank you Dimitri. I had a hard time sleeping last night because I was thinking about how to implement this LOL> And I actually realized that the switch needs to be a 3 position switch, On-Off-On. Otherwise, depending on the switch position the sim is started at, it could end up pausing the sim on either position. So with a 3 way switch, the sim would always be started in the center (off) position, then it would be moved down to the sim paused - counter off position, then to the up position sin on - counter on position. Then when finished, the switch would be moved to the middle position once more. I guess the only thing I can't remember right now is: can fsuipc be told to pause the sim while the switch stays on the on position, in other words, can a toggle switch be made to give a momentary command? I think it can, because in my own sim, I have toggle switches on the f 747 fuel control panel which engage the stabilizers on or off via a toggle switch, I believe each command has a "once" or a "continuous" option. Can you guys please comment on this? Much appreciated. Marco

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate