Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:45:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
503 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 505
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 503
Total: 504

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My new cockpit build!

Started by Bob Reed, July 13, 2010, 09:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Well as you have seen by my posts I am about to embark on a new cockpit build. I am very excited. I came up with a plan for space and I allotted  X" of space no more. It will allow me to use part of my "theater" setup for my front visuals as well. I have opted for the King Air B200. Flies fast, high and far but gets into small runways and does short hops as well. I am working on the computer stuff now, figuring out the interfacing and and seeing what all I am going to need to build. Can do a full start up now without ever touching the mouse or keyboard. Thanks to Kennair I now have a pretty good set of plans to follow for the shell and it all fits in the area I have set aside for it! That is a huge plus! So the build is underway I look forward to sharing my build with all of you. The 737.... Well I still have all of it and will not get rid of it. Some day the kids will leave and then there will be more room to build!! LOL stay tuned!  :idiot:

727737Nut

Congrats Bob, show us some pics soon.
737 Junkie

Bob Reed

Quote from: 727737Nut on July 13, 2010, 09:32:12 AM
Congrats Bob, show us some pics soon.

Well so far it is pretty much just a desktop test system but I will get some pics up tonight.

ETomlin

I know the feeling! Thankfully, I have plenty of room for my LJ45 sim plus a little more but I'd really like to one day attempt to have a King Air or PC 12 sim for the very short field ability...got to have something to fly all the Orbx scenery one day!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Bob Reed

Quote from: ETomlin on July 13, 2010, 09:33:27 AM
I know the feeling! Thankfully, I have plenty of room for my LJ45 sim plus a little more but I'd really like to one day attempt to have a King Air or PC 12 sim for the very short field ability...got to have something to fly all the Orbx scenery one day!

Well the king is just fitting in the area I decided I could use. Was building what I could of it anyway bt it all fits! That is just the iceing on the cake.

XOrionFE

Hey Bob,

Which product are you using again?  Was it the Aeroworx one?

Bob Reed

Quote from: XOrionFE on July 13, 2010, 11:59:22 AM
Hey Bob,

Which product are you using again?  Was it the Aeroworx one?

Yes it is the Aeroworx one.

Bob Reed

When I first started looking at putting a new sim together I had no idea what aircraft I was going to do. I ran across a couple sites where builders had built the King Air B200 and where using the Aeroworx B200. I did a little digging and found out I had bought it a number of years ago. So more looking on the internet and found their main forum gone but then stumbled across http://sdmaus.com/kingair/index.php If you are using or just enjoy flying this aircraft I strongly recomend you pay it a visit.

Bob Reed

Ok guys these are not much to look at but here it is in it's current state...  I can do a complete start up no mouse or keyboard.

XOrionFE

Looking good Bob

Love the Avidyne Integra display also

Scott

jackpilot

I suppose this is on your mind when going to sleep and when you wake up....
Exciting!!

Jack

Bob Reed

Quote from: jackpilot on July 13, 2010, 06:32:53 PM
I suppose this is on your mind when going to sleep and when you wake up....
Exciting!!

I would suppose you would be right!

Aerosim Solutions

Hey Bob, talk to Ken nicely, I think he's now got a spare TQ!!!

Cheers, Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Bob Reed

Quote from: Aerosim Solutions on July 13, 2010, 07:45:43 PM
Hey Bob, talk to Ken nicely, I think he's now got a spare TQ!!!

Cheers, Gwyn

That is the part I am dreading the most. Having to build that...

Kennair

Hey Bob my old King Air quad is in bits after I raped if for parts but it wouldn't take much to put back together, you'd just need to install a suitable joystick controller to the pots.  You're welcome to it for the cost of shipping over your way however that may cost more than building it yourself.  Let me know and I can find out the cost to freight it, I'd be happy to see it back in operation.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Bob Reed

Well planning is going well. Have some parts on order... Now my biggest problem is what to do about rudders..... Many ways to go what are you guys doing?

jackpilot

Quote from: Bob Reed on July 14, 2010, 07:15:08 AM
Well planning is going well. Have some parts on order...

For your own comfort...indispensable!
[ebay]160453938950[/ebay]

Jack

Bob Reed

Quote from: jackpilot on July 14, 2010, 07:35:33 AM
Quote from: Bob Reed on July 14, 2010, 07:15:08 AM
Well planning is going well. Have some parts on order...

For your own comfort...indispensable!
[ebay]160453938950[/ebay]

NICE!!! I got a nice chukle out of thast!

jackpilot

The " immersion" factor would get a turbo boost!

Jack

Bob Reed

Research is on going. I am sure some of you moticed the glass PFD in the picture well I was going to use it anyway but look what I found. This will be my layout!

jackpilot

Koooool Bob

Engine stack has to be Flightillusion... GNS and radios XPReality , ask Phil for the toggles lightplate and we will all be red hot with envy....I can imagine the sound of turbine starting and spooling up ...whoosssh
Good looking layout for sure.
JP

Jack

Bob Reed

Quote from: jackpilot on July 14, 2010, 02:52:53 PM
Koooool Bob

Engine stack has to be Flightillusion... GNS and radios XPReality , ask Phil for the toggles lightplate and we will all be red hot with envy....I can imagine the sound of turbine starting and spooling up ...whoosssh
JP

Well the Engine stack will just be on a monitor for now. The built in one os un dockable and scaleable and looks very good. Toggles I have a lot of. I just placed an order for lighplates from Ruscool and the bezels for the Avidyne I have a littl something up my sleeve... Not sure what I am going to do about the radios just yet... One step at as time....

Bob Reed

Quote from: jackpilot on July 14, 2010, 02:52:53 PM
Koooool Bob

JP

Should have mentioned RealityXP I allready own so yes may use them. I am in pertty good shape with this vuild allready!

shaneb

Hey Bob,

Looking forward to seeing more of your build . . love the King Air.  I would really like to build a KA sim when I finish the Lear . . especially now that there are plates available from Ruscool. 

Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Bob Reed

Just talked over the plans today for the shell with my cabinet buddy.. Shel build to start soon.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate