Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:54:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
492 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 506
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 492
Total: 492

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My new cockpit build!

Started by Bob Reed, July 13, 2010, 09:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ETomlin

Bob, Dang it man! Dang it! I am like Shane, I have a like for the King Air as well as the PC12 and now the C208 Caravan. I "flew" the C208 this morning in FSX while sitting in my LJ45 sim...weird I know, but the 208 panel is so simple and that airplane can fly anywhere. Im thinking of making a simple turboprop sim now once I get a little further along with my LJ45 (as in nearly complete). All these videos lately of small GA craft and such....giving me the urge to buy some FTX Orbx scener and do the slow and low flights occassionally!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Bob Reed

Quote from: ETomlin on July 16, 2010, 07:29:57 AM
Bob, Dang it man! Dang it! I am like Shane, I have a like for the King Air as well as the PC12 and now the C208 Caravan. I "flew" the C208 this morning in FSX while sitting in my LJ45 sim...weird I know, but the 208 panel is so simple and that airplane can fly anywhere. Im thinking of making a simple turboprop sim now once I get a little further along with my LJ45 (as in nearly complete). All these videos lately of small GA craft and such....giving me the urge to buy some FTX Orbx scener and do the slow and low flights occassionally!

I know I had the 737 and I loved it ... And if I get the room I will put it back together! But this sim has me all back into building.... I am LOVING flying it allready!

shaneb

I hope that in the future I will have the space to allow me to build the King Air . . more products becoming available make it easier to build.  I would want to build it in a similiar fashion as the Lear I am currently building . . ie. start with the shell to enclose the sim, then start on the interior.  The radios that FlightIllusion offers really look good for the KA, plus the gauges . . of course they cost.   If only I had lots of money, lots of time, lots of space . .  I'd want a hanger with a Lear sim, KA sim, 737 sim, and of course a WW2 fighter along the lines of what Darryl is doing. Guess I better keep on dreaming!

Bob, looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your shell!   :idiot:
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Bob Reed

Quote from: shaneb on July 16, 2010, 10:46:58 AM
I hope that in the future I will have the space to allow me to build the King Air . . more products becoming available make it easier to build.  I would want to build it in a similiar fashion as the Lear I am currently building . . ie. start with the shell to enclose the sim, then start on the interior.  The radios that FlightIllusion offers really look good for the KA, plus the gauges . . of course they cost.   If only I had lots of money, lots of time, lots of space . .  I'd want a hanger with a Lear sim, KA sim, 737 sim, and of course a WW2 fighter along the lines of what Darryl is doing. Guess I better keep on dreaming!

Bob, looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your shell!   :idiot:

The shell... I have some real nice plans for the shell (Thanks Kennair!) you will find them on his website underdownloads...  http://www.kennair.com.au/index.html

shaneb

Hey Bob,

Yep, that was the design I was going to use as well.  About two years ago Ron had located quite a few files from his build for me and emailed.  I unfortunately lost them when my computer crashed . . about the same time I decided to go with the Lear.  He has a really nice design . . it will make an awesome shell!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

ETomlin

...now the real question for Bob or anyone else....

Anyone got a better airfile for the default KA350?
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Bob Reed

Quote from: ETomlin on July 18, 2010, 12:48:48 PM
...now the real question for Bob or anyone else....

Anyone got a better airfile for the default KA350?

I am not flying the 350.. I am using the 200.

Bob Reed

Things are moving forward on the build . Have spent the last few days working on all the software. Still not sure what I am going to do about the no offset issue. Key2mouse works but not sure it is the best solution. Besides this is another guy that took my money and says he can't help me with my key.. NEVER change your email.... How many here have never changed their email? I had the same one for almost 11 years.... But now that I have changed it I have lost a lot of software... In just 2 programs that is $55.00 I am out.... Sorry this just really irritates me...

Bob Reed

Well the planning goes on.. And things have been ordered. Lots coming to gether over the next couple of weeks. I think tonight I will do some flying, might even do it on the server. We will have to see what happens. I can do a complete start up and never touch the keyboard or mouse.. That is a good feeling. I have had a lot of help from the folks on this board already and I thank every one of you!

Bob Reed

Added some software to the sim. Radar Contact.. WOW!!!! FMMmoving map which is realy nice. Unsuported at this time though and  a EFB that I am not at liberty to talk too much about right now. Pictures to follow this weekend.

Bob Reed

Hi Folks. Altough it does not show (actual build has not yet started) work continues on the new sim. I now have a Moving map, a EFB all setup and working. Yes I am flying! Finishing up the details of the shell build will start on that soon. Woeking with a friend of mine who is good at this stuff and getting a materials list together. Looks like actual build may start end of next week depending on his schedule. At some point I will get the mess (papers everyware!) around the test area cleaned up and get a couple shots of everything running.

shaneb

Hey Bob,

Looking forward to seeing that KA take life!     :idiot:

Bob Reed

Well my panels have been shipped.... I can't wait to get them. Pictures to come as soon as I get them!

shaneb

I'm looking forward to seeing those panels . .  hope I can build the KA one of these days!       :idiot:

Scorch95

Hoping the panels have arrived or that the delay is expected. But just in case here's a bump to remind you to get some photos up of the new panels. :) Can't wait.

Bob Reed

They are in Seattle now should have them this week Woot!!!!!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate