Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:56:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
497 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 392
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 497
Total: 497

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Should FBS create a lights interface for the PMDG Boeing 737NG for FS2004?

Started by FBSInfo, July 18, 2010, 07:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FBSInfo

Flyboys Shop has had a few requests to create a lights interface for the PMDG Boeing 737NG (600/700/800/900), to provide access to all of the overhead and main panel lights for cockpit builders.

We have done some preliminary testing and found this to be possible. If there is enough demand, then we will go ahead and create one, keeping in mind that PMDG has announced that they will supply an SDK for the 737NGX due sometime this year.

If you are interested in such an interface, then please let us know here or on our website.

Visit us at www.flyboysshop.com to learn about our lights interface for the PMDG Boeing 747-400 for FS2004 and FSX.

ian@737ng.co.uk

in short .... yes of course    ;D
old PMDG drivers never die, we are a breed unto ourselves (and there's a lot of us).
1. we didn't see the NGX yet
2. we don't know if it's going to be user friendly
3. an SDK is all well and good, but we will probably have to wait a long
time for the hardware vendors to write the interfaces which by PMDG's own requirement
they can't charge the end user for
4. and it's coming soon (well it has been for the last two years anyway)  ;D
just do it and show them the way......
good man

rgds ... ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

bussgarfield

I am one of those eagerly and still waiting for NGX. Will you be considering the supply of  an interface for that too.
Judging by the release date delay upon delay, I have my doubts as to whether the SDK will come along at the same time.

For ever the hopeful one.

Gary

Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

FBSInfo

If possible and necessary, we will create one for the NGX as well. We were able to for the 747 for FSX so I suspect that we will be able to with the NGX. Our philosophy is to make the interfaces consistent across flight sim versions so that you can just switch over when you are ready without needing to remap anything. We are cockpit builders too and our developments come out of necessity. We have the same problems that you have, albeit with the 747 instead of the 737.

steveeverson

:) Definitely ! -  I would buy a copy if it was released. Good luck with writing the software
Steve
another bedroom boeing....

FBSInfo

This interface is currently in beta testing and so far things are looking good. We will make a announcement shortly when the product will be available for download.

ian@737ng.co.uk

i wonder who's got it  ;D  ;D  ;D
what FBSInfo doesn't tell you is that in addition to being able to access the state of the annunciators in the software and switch real one's based on the actual illumination state (On/Bright, On/Dim or Off) of the software annunciators via a Phidget's LED64 card, he has also come up with a solution to the correct orientation of the F/O instruments, making it possible to have a PFD - ND - EICAS - ND - PFD array instead of repeating the F/O instruments the wrong way round.
the wife tells me that initial trials are going very well because she hasn't heard me swear once  ;D
watch out for more info from John......
have a great day chaps....

ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

fsaviator

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

steveeverson

another bedroom boeing....

FBSInfo

This interface is now available from www.flyboysshop.com.

We apologize to everyone that has been waiting so long. Due to unforseen circumstances, it took longer to release than was anticipated.

Regards
Flyboys Info

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate