Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:54:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
476 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 498
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 476
Total: 476

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Greetings, Captains.....

Started by ak49er, September 24, 2009, 07:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ak49er

....I had wondered lately where everyone had gone!
So, new site...looks nice, I'm happy to once again see the names of all the builders I have learned from. Everyone of note from my last six years of simming seem to be in one place again, nice.
I found the link by way of FDS, and thought I'd stop in.
   About myself, I am: 33 years old, lifelong Alaskan, and work at a power plant as a Industrial Gas and Steam Turbine Mechanic at a remote site in Alaska. I am lucky enough to spend alto of time in and around aircraft as a result of this remoteness. Using a Loader with forks, I have unloaded such greataircraft as the DC-3, DC-6, "Caribou", Lockheed 382 (C-130), Beech 18, Twin Otter, Piper Navajo and a few others I'll list later. We used to fly on the Twin Otters to and from work, but now it is a Piper Navajo, and we are  allowed to fly "right seat" with headphones which is a really great experience.
When not tinkering in the laboratory (read: Garage) on alternative energy projects such as a Solar Water Collector/PV panel, or refining Waste Vegetable Oil for home heating and to power my diesel engine vehicles/generators, I can be found in my speed boat on a lake or on a bicycle in the mountains in the summer, or playing hockey or riding my snowmobile in the mountains in the winter.
   I have four different Flight Simulator projects I am working on now.
In my room at the work camp, I have a DIY 737-900 sim using Windows 2000, FS9, FSUIPC, WIDEFS, Free FD, Reality XP Radar, and Friendly Panels FMC. I also have a GO FLIGHT MCP Pro, and all MIP panels, but none are populated. I am now working on an Overhead Panel using a Bodnar USB Card.
In my laboratory at home I have a surplus UH-1 Cockpit Section. This was to be multi aircraft simulator and after being scavenged for other parts is finally beginning to be used again, as a V-22 Osprey Simulator, earning the project "codename" of HueV-22, where it will simulate the HOTAS style of controls from the left seat as in the V-22, and have the Cyclic/Collective set in the right seat. This uses Windows XP, and all the rest of the components mentioned above. I also have started to use this pit with XPLANE, and have been able to use Free FD and other FS9 programs with it using XPUIPC.
Also in the lab, is a Simkits/Fly PFC/Elite derivative, using A fully populated TRC C182 panel, set atop a Elite Cirrus P.C.A.T.D. that has been converted to interface through a Bodnar USB card. The Simkits Servo Gauges interface through a Simkits Plug-in and I can use both again, with XPLANE.
   The last is the remnants of a demonstrator I used for a commercial presentation which did not bear fruit. It is comprised of a MFD structure and features an original C130 MIP. It could really be any modern Aircraft as it has cutouts for early digital avionics.

Not much more to tell, I look forward to many great idea exchanges.

Wheels-up! ;D
FS9, FSUIPC, WideFS, FreeFD
XPlane XUIPC, WideFS, FreeFD

Boeing Skunk Works

We're here!

Welcome aboard and good to see you.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Trevor Hale

Welcome Back  AK..  We are here, and having fun again.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

JudsonTorain

Quote from: ak49er on September 24, 2009, 07:31:14 PM
....I had wondered lately where everyone had gone!
So, new site...looks nice, I'm happy to once again see the names of all the builders I have learned from. Everyone of note from my last six years of simming seem to be in one place again, nice.
I found the link by way of FDS, and thought I'd stop in.
   About myself, I am: 33 years old, lifelong Alaskan, and work at a power plant as a Industrial Gas and Steam Turbine Mechanic at a remote site in Alaska. I am lucky enough to spend alto of time in and around aircraft as a result of this remoteness. Using a Loader with forks, I have unloaded such greataircraft as the DC-3, DC-6, "Caribou", Lockheed 382 (C-130), Beech 18, Twin Otter, Piper Navajo and a few others I'll list later. We used to fly on the Twin Otters to and from work, but now it is a Piper Navajo, and we are  allowed to fly "right seat" with headphones which is a really great experience.
When not tinkering in the laboratory (read: Garage) on alternative energy projects such as solar panels Water Collector/PV panel, or refining Waste Vegetable Oil for home heating and to power my diesel engine vehicles/generators, I can be found in my speed boat on a lake or on a bicycle in the mountains in the summer, or playing hockey or riding my snowmobile in the mountains in the winter.
   I have four different Flight Simulator projects I am working on now.
In my room at the work camp, I have a DIY 737-900 sim using Windows 2000, FS9, FSUIPC, WIDEFS, Free FD, Reality XP Radar, and Friendly Panels FMC. I also have a GO FLIGHT MCP Pro, and all MIP panels, but none are populated. I am now working on an Overhead Panel using a Bodnar USB Card.
In my laboratory at home I have a surplus UH-1 Cockpit Section. This was to be multi aircraft simulator and after being scavenged for other parts is finally beginning to be used again, as a V-22 Osprey Simulator, earning the project "codename" of HueV-22, where it will simulate the HOTAS style of controls from the left seat as in the V-22, and have the Cyclic/Collective set in the right seat. This uses Windows XP, and all the rest of the components mentioned above. I also have started to use this pit with XPLANE, and have been able to use Free FD and other FS9 programs with it using XPUIPC.
Also in the lab, is a Simkits/Fly PFC/Elite derivative, using A fully populated TRC C182 panel, set atop a Elite Cirrus P.C.A.T.D. that has been converted to interface through a Bodnar USB card. The Simkits Servo Gauges interface through a Simkits Plug-in and I can use both again, with XPLANE.
   The last is the remnants of a demonstrator I used for a commercial presentation which did not bear fruit. It is comprised of a MFD structure and features an original C130 MIP. It could really be any modern Aircraft as it has cutouts for early digital avionics.

Not much more to tell, I look forward to many great idea exchanges.

Wheels-up! ;D
Awesome.. I know thread is bit old but the post very exciting..So what is your latest experiences please share..

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate