Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 08:38:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
714 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 714
Total: 714

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello from PDX

Started by Timothy Denner, June 15, 2012, 02:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy Denner

Hello,

My name is Tim, I am actually looking to start my first build, I have been simming for a while, somewhere around 15 years.  I have a good amount of computer hardware to use as a platform for a sim, however what I do not have is the experience of actually building one.  I am currently going to PCC (which is the local community college) to get my A&P, so hopefully that will help in this endeavor :).  I would appreciate any pointers that anyone here might have.  Also, if there is any one that is local to PDX I would also love the chance to come pick your brain.

Bob Reed

Hello TIm and welcome. You have bitten off a very large chunk for yourself! What I am about to say is going to make you say huh? But trust me, it is the most important thing we here can tell anybody that want's to build a sim for the first time.... Research!!!! You have not told us if you have decided on a aircraft yet, but there is a lot and I mean a lot of information on this site. Use the search and read the threads that look like they would be help. There are literally thousands of hours of building experience here! Get some more specific questions and we will be more then happy to help. When you think you have done enough research, do some more because as you will find, you can never do enough. 

Timothy Denner

Hey Bob,

Thanks for that, I am sure that I will be spending a lot of time researching what I need long before I ever even start to build.  As for aircraft type I am going for the B73X, probably the 700 or 800.  As far as picking someone's brain, I was hoping to see about getting ideas for suppliers/parts and theory as far as software and system development.  Since I am sure there are enough subjects on that here in the forums, I am going to look at them and see if I can find what I need, then I will resort to the usual outcry for help :)

Tim

Flyboyandre

Quote from: Timothy Denner on June 15, 2012, 02:39:32 PM
Hello,

My name is Tim, I am actually looking to start my first build, I have been simming for a while, somewhere around 15 years.  I have a good amount of computer hardware to use as a platform for a sim, however what I do not have is the experience of actually building one.  I am currently going to PCC (which is the local community college) to get my A&P, so hopefully that will help in this endeavor :).  I would appreciate any pointers that anyone here might have.  Also, if there is any one that is local to PDX I would also love the chance to come pick your brain.

Hey Tim!

Glad to have you here! I am right now on my second sim as it never seems to end for me :)
I live in Puyallup, whic is really just a quick hop down the freeway to you. As a matter of fact i'm often down there during hockey season to root for the Hawks.
I just started a 737 scratch build which you can see in the builders forum. Drop me a line....

Timothy Denner

Andre,

I actually saw that thread last night, I am amazed by the work that you have put into it.  It looks really good :).  If you head down here give me a buzz and we can get some lunch or something. 

Tim

Flyboyandre

Quote from: Timothy Denner on June 16, 2012, 06:10:32 AM
Andre,

I actually saw that thread last night, I am amazed by the work that you have put into it.  It looks really good :).  If you head down here give me a buzz and we can get some lunch or something. 

Tim

Same to you. Are you on msn or skype? Regardless, my cell is 253-666-204. Text me any time ;)

MLeavy737

Hey guys, i stay in PDX often on layovers. Maybe we can all get together sometime!

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Trevor Hale

Welcome Tim, Glad to see you here.  I hope that you find all the information here useful..  Please feel free to ask questions all you like.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Timothy Denner

Hey ya'll, sorry it took me so long to get back to you.  Ya, if anyone ever wants to meet up out here give me a buzz.  Easiest way to get a hold of me is email at
timothy(dot)denner(at)gmail(dot)com,  I am in the middle of going to school for my A&P so I don't answer my phone a lot so no point in giving that out. I will give you a buzz some time this week Andre.  FYI skype is pnutvusmc

Flyboyandre

Tim and Mike, that would be awesome. You ever stay in Seattle Mike?
I noticed that i put in a jumbled phone number. Correct one is 253-666-2104.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate