Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:54:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
482 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 483
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 482
Total: 482

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Syncing FSX ZULU time with FMC ZULU Time...

Started by sagrada737, September 13, 2013, 06:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

Question regarding synchronizing FSX set ZULU time (GMT) with the FMC...  I'm using FSX and Sim-Avionics.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the FMC to show correctly, ZULU time on the Progress page, when flying a Route.  I have the correct ZULU time set in FSX, but it is always shows up incorrect on the FMC's CDU, as shown on the Progress page when flying a valid Route.  That is, the estimated ZULU time to the next waypoint is significantly off.

Probably a simple solution, but I can't seem find how to get this corrected.  Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Maurice

Just a thought but I seem to remember that on the SimA server there is a checkbox somewhere to synchronize the time with FSX time or something like that. And then again, I may just have invented that :)

If that does not work, maybe you have to change the time to Zulu time in the SimA server PC.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

sagrada737

Thanks for the comments Maurice.  I finally figured out what the problem was in synchronizing FSX ZULU time with the FMC in Sim-Avionics. 

It turns out that selecting various "Dispatch Scenarios" within Sim-Avionics (a nice feature of Sim-A), that whatever  time was set, is what is sent and sync'd to Sim-Avionics.  The solution was a simple check on FSX ZULU time after starting FSX, loading Sim-Avionics and selecting a Dispatch Scenario to ensure that FSX indeed had the correct ZULU time, afterwhich it was echoed correctly to the FMC and CDU display within Sim-Avionics - as shown on the POSIT INIT page under UTC (LSK4L).

This is something I will now have to double check prior to each flight route, if I want the FMC to display the correct ZULU time on the Progress Page and elsewhere via the CDU.  I don't think this is something that most Simmer's ensure is correct, unless they really exercise the CDU during a flight - but then I' a bit slow sometimes when it come to climbing the Sim learning curve  ;D

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate