Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:57:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
497 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 498
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 497
Total: 497

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

ButtKicker Advance...

Started by sagrada737, December 18, 2013, 03:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

I just re-configured my sound system with a new Receiver/Amp 5.1 speaker system, which is much better than the PC Corsair 2500 system I had before. 

I also installed a new ButtKicker Advance setup to see how the effect sync'd with the sound.  As expected, it has helped to increase the level of immersion.  I have it under one of my Weber seats, but will experiment with locations under the flight deck base (once I get it finished).   I also like the wireless remote to change "intensity levels" from the cockpit, as well as turn the BKr On/Off.

Anyway...   I just wanted to report that the ButtKicker Advance unit has plenty of audio shaking capability to rattle your teeth  ;D  So it's a thumbs UP for this product in my opinion.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

ETomlin

Nice Mike, thanks for the mini report!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

archen

Thanks for the report! I'm thinking about the get one myself.
Have you tried it with opusFSX? Opus have native support for buttkicker which simulates runway bumbs, turbulance, taxing, landing, engines, flaps, spoilers etc.

Quotehttp://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/OpusFSX_ButtKicker.pdf

Regards,
Anders
------------
Anders Simparts
http://www.anderssimparts.com
https://www.facebook.com/ArchenSimparts
Selling "Hard-to-get" simparts like authentic Engine starters, Autobrake, IRS mode selectors and N1&SPD Ref Switches.
------------

sagrada737

Regarding the "environmental" sounds heard and felt from the 737 cockpit, the ButtKicker Advance (the audio shaker that I am using) seems to reproduce these effects nicely.  Whatever "aircraft sounds package" you have , I think you can enhance these sounds with an audio shaker device like the ButtKicker.  Add in the sub-woofer and it is like magic.

Here is a link to the ButtKicker system I purchased;
http://www.thebuttkicker.com/wireless-kit

What I like about this model of the ButtKicker Advance is that it has a good range of shaking power, wireless capability, its own Amp, its a complete kit with all the cable needed, and it easily connects to your audio amplifier.  An audio Home Theater Receiver/Amp is best as it gives you added control of the speaker configuration, which you can additionally configure with the ButtKicker and sync with FSX and its Flight Model to yield a nice balance of sound and cockpit vibration effects.

Yep...   you get the "taxi bumps" and "gear thumps", etc.  Really cool and a great help to the feeling of immersion.

One thing that would make all this complete is a "mini-motion" system, that would reproduce the slight but typical bumps, jerks, roll as you taxi out, and the slight feeling of movement that you would typically feel while in-flight.  Of course, this does not consider all the aspect of ful-motion simulation, but would significantly add to the effect of the display movements in flight balanced with the sound/vibration effects using a sub-woofer and an audio shaker device.  Has anyone considered such a device to impute slight movement to a flight deck base?

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

iwik

Mike,
Thanks for the update, I agree a little bit of motion sure adds to the realism. Roland(link provided on this site) says its better than his motion
platform)
Have a look at this site:
http://bffsimulation.com/BFF_Shaker.php

I built the little Motion platform 3 and having heaps of fun with it on my
GA pit. A pity it wont handle a 7xx sim.

Les

dc8flightdeck

Quote from: sagrada737 on December 18, 2013, 03:52:24 PM
I just re-configured my sound system with a new Receiver/Amp 5.1 speaker system, which is much better than the PC Corsair 2500 system I had before. 

I also installed a new ButtKicker Advance setup to see how the effect sync'd with the sound.  As expected, it has helped to increase the level of immersion.  I have it under one of my Weber seats, but will experiment with locations under the flight deck base (once I get it finished).   I also like the wireless remote to change "intensity levels" from the cockpit, as well as turn the BKr On/Off.

Anyway...   I just wanted to report that the ButtKicker Advance unit has plenty of audio shaking capability to rattle your teeth  ;D  So it's a thumbs UP for this product in my opinion.

Mike

I tried some a few years back and they didnt last long before they died. Will be interesting to know if they last longer now.

Mink

Yeah Buttkicker are adding a lot to our Sims.
I am using a comlete solution from here:
www.reckhorn.com

Great product, great custumer service.

Kresimir

sagrada737

Hello Kresimir,

The ButtKicker is working fine, although it probably has more power than needed for a Seat applicaiton.  I will most likely re-mount this to the Flight Deck when it is completed.

The Rekhorn seems to have interesting specs.

Mike

HarryZ

Hi Mike,

A couple of months ago I purchased a LCE Buttkicker system.  I needed something more than a unit that only shook one seat in my sim so I got this device.  I inserted the vibrating disk under the back end of my platform ( 8' x 10', made from 2 x4s and 1/2" plywood covered in carpet)

Needless to say, this thing will shake your teeth out if you turn it up enough and it provides more than enough "rumble".  Of course it costs over $ 600 but provides a lot of bang for your buck!

Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

sagrada737

Good report Harry...   It's great to be aware of other solutions that folks can take advantage of for their Sim Projects. 

It's true that one can "crank up" the audio shaker too much.  There is definitely a sweet spot for the amplitude using such a device.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate