Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:26:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
472 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 498
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 472
Total: 472

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

An apology/Re-introduction!

Started by Sam Franklin, January 26, 2014, 10:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Franklin

So prompted by a message Jack sent me, I thought this was necessary.

After jumping about from plane to plane from Airbus to Boeing to Bombardier I couldn't decide what to do. Just to clarify why this is: I've got little money as I'm only a student and I didn't want to spend money and my little time on something I regretted. Until recently I've been trying to decide hence the flicking from aircraft to aircraft. I'm really sorry for the annoyance I've caused.

I have decided (providing I can work out how to interface some of the more unique features) to go with parts from the Dash 8 Q400. Thanks Mach7, I'll probably be back for more information, if that's okay with you.

So I'm Sam, I'm 16 and I'm hoping to build a Dash 8 Q400.

Sam

jackpilot

No harm done Sam
You stated your age and your budget from start at your first post.
As I told you, we are here to provide the info and all the help you need and deserve.
And we can be better at that if you now concentrate on one project and start building any little component. This is the best way to learn, with guidance from those of us who have been through the process long ago.
Of course, you will make errors, you will regret decisions, we all did and still do. We can help you avoiding basic errors but you will mostly learn from your own decisions, wrong or right. Doing it right the first time is not an option, (would be boring ..lol)

Researching  the best aircraft to replicate is a normal process but going for an airbus or 737 as a first project with a very limited budget (money and time) is not the best choice.
The size of the aircraft has nothing to do with it but the complexity of its systems is what makes the project doable or not.
Replicating exactly a specific TQ can be done at a later stage, building a prototype trial TQ, whatever its shape or look, should be your first step as you will learn how to interface it, how to improve linkages etc, ironing out all the challenges, so that version #2 is far better than #1.

And we  have here Mach 7, a  Dash pilot who can provide a lot of info, and a wealth of knowledge.
You are very welcome aboard.

Jack

PS (edit): trading  full size 737 Sim for being 16 !    :D

Jack

jackpilot

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate