Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:48:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
121 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 121
Total: 122

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737-800 Arduino X-Plane Build

Started by kurt-olsson, September 06, 2015, 01:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

I used a split lead fishing sinker and squeezed it all around the cable then used a punch to seat it in the cable drum.  Worked like a champ.   It takes a special tool to crimp that steel ball to the cable..
737 Junkie

kurt-olsson

Quote from: 727737Nut on July 06, 2016, 07:54:40 AM
I used a split lead fishing sinker and squeezed it all around the cable then used a punch to seat it in the cable drum.

cool! I might have tried that if i know it existed fishingtools like that. Nice

kurt-olsson

Quote from: 727737Nut on July 06, 2016, 07:54:40 AMIt takes a special tool to crimp that steel ball to the cable..

Or a good old hammer! :)

kurt-olsson

Ordered up 3x of these babies!

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/bourns-inc/3590S-6-103L/3590S-6-103L-ND/1088594
I will use sprockets to get the values instead of stringpots.

quid246

Quote from: kurt-olsson on July 06, 2016, 09:30:44 AM
I will have to google for pictures on all those toolwords, dont know the english word for them hehe

I believe it's a "ball swaging" tool... as inappropriate as it sounds.

kurt-olsson

Quote from: quid246 on July 06, 2016, 05:48:03 PM
Quote from: kurt-olsson on July 06, 2016, 09:30:44 AM
I will have to google for pictures on all those toolwords, dont know the english word for them hehe

I believe it's a "ball swaging" tool... as inappropriate as it sounds.

Hahaha Thanks for the info.
I was impatuence to go to the local marine shop. These tools cost alot of money, so for my purpose i think the hammer works well, even if the ball didnt get perfect size or deformation after.

kurt-olsson

QUALITY!!! :)

Finally my throttles can be moved in x-plane aswell!

kurt-olsson

Analog values are now mapped to N1 0-110 value.

Next up is manipulate the dataref...

kurt-olsson

Just one more max7219 connect and the VS encoder and the MCP is complete!!!!
I have seen some companies put a cover for SPeed intervene and Alt intervine. I think thats cool and makes a few button less to interface. Anyone know if the major airlines cover them today?

kurt-olsson

Moving on!
EFIS backlight!

kurt-olsson

2 hours and 20 bulbs later.
After this backlight i have descided to go Simworld 100% panels. They are beautiful in daylight and with enough bulbs the backlight looks amazing!

RayS

Nice job!! Love how that EFIS looks.
Ray Sotkiewicz

kurt-olsson

kurt-olsson

Home Made is the EFIS brand hahaha!

90% done. Backlight is fantastic in daylight even! So happy with the backlight! With my mcp i did the mistake of having to large gap between the bulbs... But i dont have the energy to disassembly it one more time, it will do for some years anyway.

I like the "worn look and feel" so i have to imagine some of the bulbs gone out. Hehe

kurt-olsson

Capt EFIS almost done. The buttons came out really really BAD!!!

The finish and feel is aweful but itl have to do untill i find a complete "efis button" Always when you try to make your own buttons they come out cheap and bad feel (at least for me. These has leds behind them so they should light up when backlight is on

I replaced my drilled rotary with an E37 Elma dual just because the feel of my switch was so bad.

kurt-olsson

With painted buttons...

kurt-olsson

Well well well... Look what the cat dragged in!

Including the steeringboxes!!!!

kurt-olsson

Murphys law!

The motor rotated the faulty mounted shaft so it twitched some degree, that made both the sprocket and the two mounts to heat up and get stuck!
I also suceeded to bend the plate while trying to get them disassembled.

40 bucks down the toilet...

kurt-olsson

Mcp completed! Last led installed today!

Some programming left but not much.

kurt-olsson

Hahaha such a hazzle!

Look at the worlds ugliest resistor ladders and also the cut rotary switch so the buttons could fit!

Yeeuuck! Dont want to do another!!! But wait... How many are in the 737...

mikeybear

Peter,

I've used these to tidy my resistor ladders, they used to be available as a pcb only, but alas no more, which was useful for me as I used them with 8 way rotary switches for my transponders .
I think I had to solder a wire on to one of the pins to get this to work as I required three connections for the resistor ladder.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_100&products_id=207

Regards

Dave

added the link that got lost

kurt-olsson

Did you attach something? i cannot see any image or like of the resistor ladder?

727737Nut

737 Junkie

kurt-olsson

Its for the efis range mode. They have 7 modes, and i use teensy 3.2 that has not enough inputs if connecting one by one on the range.

kurt-olsson

Right EFIS rack mounted

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate