Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:10:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
121 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737-800 Arduino X-Plane Build

Started by kurt-olsson, September 06, 2015, 01:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

I have to second SimParts. Like Kurt, I needed a very precise OEM quality MIP and they provided it. Have loved the decision ever since. It allows me to choose between using OEM gauges or simulated units.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

kurt-olsson

I bought only their frame and panels, this because of my custom build. The full frame will save you lota of hours though. But more expensive.

kurt-olsson

Lip and kickstands painted. The kickstands will be replaced by wood as they are only 6cm with and the real one is 9cm. But really happy with how the RAL 7011 turned out.

kurt-olsson

Parking brake set!

https://youtu.be/jtqPj1jvono

When i use the Zibo 737 the parking brake must be pressed two times to fully release. I dont know if this is a bug but i have never seen this behaviour before.

Is the parking brake just on/off or is there other modes? I know you can release it with the push/pull button or by pressing the top toe brakes.

Steenos

I see what you did there. You linked it to a switch. Very nice!

archen

Just on/off. But you need to press and hold the brakes to be able to pull the switch.

I plan to use a solenoid to make the logic. Also you should make the parking brake springloaded so you can tap the brakes so it snaps to off.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

------------
Anders Simparts
http://www.anderssimparts.com
https://www.facebook.com/ArchenSimparts
Selling "Hard-to-get" simparts like authentic Engine starters, Autobrake, IRS mode selectors and N1&SPD Ref Switches.
------------

kurt-olsson

Thanks Anders.

Will only implement manual control now. Little shortcuts here and there but makes it flyable faster. :)

kurt-olsson

Kids asleep! i ve got like 3-4 hours of building infront of me!

Objectives:

Parking Brake interfacing
Flaps - fine tuning (use XPlaneRef("laminar/B738/flt_ctrls/flap_lever"); instead of the old flaps_request ref if you want zibo 737 to work).

Testflying and trying to save ZHSI screen position. For some reason they always popup in the center of my monitor.

Soldering all my Yoke cables to a DB9 connector.

Thats it, over and out!

kurt-olsson

Oh man. Why am i always stuck flying instead of building. This is too much fun!
The feeling of staring at the PFD in real size beats everything! Dont care about visuals right now, could aswell be pitch black aslong as my instrument is working.

kurt-olsson

LIKE A BOSS!

Thats how Yoke interfacing is done! :)

kurt-olsson

Cut the glareshield to correct size. Need to order some black vinyl.

kurt-olsson

Templating/mocking for underglare begins. This will be a pain but hopefully the black vinyl wrapped around the wood will give a realistic touch.

skyline223

I have really enjoyed catching up on this build. Great work and I hope to come alongside you with the Arduino/X-Plane route soon. Good luck the the under glare, it definitely is a pain with trial and error but you are certainly on the right track!
The Boeing 727 Legacy Project
www.727simulator.com

kurt-olsson

Thanks Will!

Next up will be the CDU bay. Better to paint it before installing this time hehe :)

kurt-olsson

Trsting my template with some wrapping. Think it can be good once wrapped with vinyl.

Fixed the column floor covers.

kurt-olsson

Small progress

Put vinyl around the glareshield with a staplegun.
It was hard but turned out ok and it gives the cockpit more immersion.

kurt-olsson

Let me know if there are any checklist holder vendors here in europe. Cant find this item nowhere.

blueskydriver

Hey Peter,

Do you mean the yoke clipboard checklist holder that you have already or do you mean the 3 or 5 ring binders that manuals are placed in and are used for checklists as well? Can you post a pic of what you're looking for, as I may have it...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

skyline223

Quote from: blueskydriver on September 06, 2018, 01:13:41 PM
Do you mean the yoke clipboard checklist holder that you have already or do you mean the 3 or 5 ring binders that manuals are placed in and are used for checklists as well? Can you post a pic of what you're looking for, as I may have it...

I believe he is referencing the checklist holder that is bolted to the top of the glareshield.
www.727simulator.com

blueskydriver

Oh, okay I see... I suggest contacting FDS for something like this. Or, you could just 3D print one and it'll be totally useable for this application.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

kurt-olsson

Hi John.

Yeah i mean the same as in wills picture, the one mounted on the glareshield.

Unfortunatly i dong have a 3d printer (yet hehe).

I will try contact FDS and see if they sell it seperatly.

Sam Llorca

Or this guys may have it, they are 737 suppliers too...

http://www.virtualavionics.com.br/

Not associated with this firm in any way shape or form!

skyline223

Quote from: kurt-olsson on September 06, 2018, 08:19:10 PM
Hi John.

Yeah i mean the same as in wills picture, the one mounted on the glareshield.

Unfortunatly i dong have a 3d printer (yet hehe).

I will try contact FDS and see if they sell it seperatly.

I'll be tuned in to see what you come up with. Let us know if you source one (real or not) because I'd be in the market for one as well!
www.727simulator.com

blueskydriver

If anyone has a file with it made already I would try 3d printing it for you...

John

kurt-olsson

Thats very kind John and i would of course pay for this service.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate