Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 11:37:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
575 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 589
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 575
Total: 575

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Georgia on my mind

Started by Maurice, January 29, 2014, 11:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

As I sit here looking out the window and pondering if it is ever going to stop snowing... ever, I watched CNN news and found myself feeling sorry for the poor folks in Atlanta with some of them being stuck in their cars for the last 24 hours and school children spending the night inside school buses, and all that because 2.5 inches of snow paralyzed the whole city.

It would be so easy to feel smug and mock their situation until one realizes that there is no way that the city could be prepared since such an event happens so rarely. No way can they keep hundreds of snow plows and sanders doing nothing 99.9 % of the time. And I'm sure almost nobody changes to snow tires in the Winter either and who can blame them?

Hope they get out of this mess soon.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

100% agreed

Funny, I was about to call you last night (or send avalanche sniffer dogs) as we tend to worry when you do not post !
Living without a sim is hard enough, your deserve a "winterlude"...
;D

Jack

Garys

Sounds a lot like Vancouver, when they get a whiff of snow the city comes to a halt as well :-)

Maurice

I have been in Canada 50 years and I have never seen that much snow except in pictures or movies. Seems like I have to blow the snow every day or other day and I'm royally sick of it.

Carole and I tried snowshoeing the other day and we had to quit after a few hundred yards as we were sinking too much and it was exhausting. So we just admire this Winter f.....g wonderland from the comfort of our couch ;D

And by the way, I do have a simulator I use from time to time. Just enjoying flying a Decathlon or a Twin Otter with Prepar3d on 3 TVs with virtual cockpit and I can say categorically that it's more fun than my old 737 sim.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Aerosim Solutions

I've seen snow in pictures, think I'll go outside and fry breakfast on the car hood to save some electricity!!
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

flyinjake

It was the perfect...small storm.

Somewhere along the line there was miscommunication about where when and what that storm was going to do.

What a mess we had!

We usually over react. This time we did not react enough. Next time we will nuclear over react.

lol

simlady/ Karen

we are sick of the snow in Wisconsin as well. it seems like we are doing a lot of plowing and John keeps breaking the cable on the wench because he's moving so much of it.

This year we had to come up with a different system for removing snow. John does our neighbors driveway when the little snow comes, 5 inches or less, with the ATV.  When the big snow comes and when we need snow banks moved, our neighbor come over with his bobcat and does it. I have the clean up work with my snow blower.

Let it snow.. let it snow... let it snow....NOT!  bring on the warm weather.

:2cw:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate