Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 02:03:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
356 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 356
Total: 356

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

View the Cockpit of the Enola Gay - Fantastic

Started by XOrionFE, December 15, 2010, 03:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Hey all,

I got this link from someone this morning and thought I would share.   It is an incredible panaramic of the inside cockpit of the Enola Gay.   This plane and the deed if fullfilled in history is obviously one you could despise or appreciate depending on your views but I thought from a pure flying and mechanical point of view this was worth sharing.  It is incredible looking at this cockpit and how basic everything was in it compared to what we have today.

I hope you enjoy:
http://www.davidpalermo.com/data/slideshow/4/index.html

Scott

ETomlin

This opens all kinds of questions. I notice that there is a FE station back behind the right seat. What/how did those control? IOW, If the pilots have throttle control then were they machanically linked to the ones the FE had and also, what about those two trim wheels? Were they machanically connected as well?
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

NeoMorph

Ahhh... now we know where the inspiration for the Millennium Falcon cockpit came from...  8)

I was looking around for the TQ for a while until I realised they put them at the sides... Also the seats look weird until I remembered they wore their parachutes on their back all the time.

To be honest, that cockpit looks more like a 50's spaceship than it does an airplane... and I think it has a lot more character than todays cockpits.

Mind you I like some of the futuristic stuff coming out too... Like the 787 Dreamliner... It's more like a Star Trek runabout than an airplane heh...

John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate