Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:33:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
511 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 392
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 511
Total: 511

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Some fun flight testing pics

Started by XOrionFE, January 01, 2011, 06:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Hey guys,

I couldnt resist posting this.   Don Harrison was over Thursday night and we were testing the 737 Throttle Quad and some flight testing in the 737 sim.  I have Ultimate Traffic 2 running on FSX and as we were doing some take offs and landings we had this encounter with a Lear 45 so I thought I would post some pics showing off the immersion factor in sim.   Don is in the Captain's chair in these pics.

Note, Don tried to take off behind the Lear and chase it but alas.....a 737 climbs like a pig compared to the Lear so it was just a spec by the time we were raising our gear! :-)

Hope you enjoy and Happy New Year all.
Best regards,
Scott

Joe Lavery

Very nice setup there Scott, what visuals are you running? it looks like 3 projectors, is that correct?

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Kennair

Nice shots there Scott and very clear visuals from your projectors.  Are you using any special treatment on your screens or just plain white?  All looking really sweet though.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Maurice

Looks absolutely stunning Scott. I think your fast progress has been absolutely amazing and very inspiring as well. I finally got off my butt and started working and mostly cursing about the visuals but I`m finally beginning to understand how this whole s..t works together...Matrox TripleHead, Nthusim, FSX. I thought for a while that I had become severely mentally challenged until I finally figured out how to have the 3 views on the screen. Lots of tweaking left to do, but it sure was nice to finally see a half decent wraparound view. So my only wish now is that I can get it to look like yours  :)

Anyway, cheers to you for your hard work & dedication.  :cheers:

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

XOrionFE

Thank you guys.

Ken, I used a color tint at Home Depot (dont know if they have in Australia) but it is a Behr paint tint color called "Silver Screen" which was mixed with flat white.    This was painted over thin masonite that was already prepainted gloss white on one side and I just primered it then covered with the Silverscreen.

Maurice, sounds like you are on the downward slope now of the learning curve and i am sure your screen setup will look just as good if not better.    The wraparound is really nice to have.

Again, thank you for the compliments.

Scott

dharrison

Well guys,

All I can say is that if you have the space to put of this type of visual system and are thinking of going with LCD screens you should seriously spend some time considering your decision. I spend close to 2 hours "Testing" this setup and I have not felt spacial disorientation like I felt since my unusual attitude days in my private pilot.

Really credit Scott's great planning on this and what a treat to get behind the yolk and fly this baby. Immersion factor was very high and we haven't even closed in the shell yet!

Great pics scott. It was really cool to look to my left and see that Lear passing off to the side. I coulda caught him!!!

Don

astron

Hey Scott,looking awesome,thats gotta feel good to get in that thing and fly, by the way my 737 shell is all put together so this up coming week we will get some paint on it and i guess go and order the 737 DSTD from fds,hopefully i will catch up with you soon, and i will call you this week as i have a few questions on projectors and screens for this new setup,take care for now
Tom

Sean

Great setup Scott, it's coming along real nice.

Like everyone else love your visuals. Remind me, is your screen curved or 3 angled ones?

Sean

matta757

Scott,

Absolutely stunning my friend. It looks simply incredible. It's a shame I couldn't take you up on your offer to stop by and check it out back in November. Although with family in Chicago, it's only a matter of time until I am down there again and would love to check out your setup. Seriously, I am just in awe!

Matt

XOrionFE

Quote from: sean nixon on January 02, 2011, 05:38:04 AM
Great setup Scott, it's coming along real nice.

Like everyone else love your visuals. Remind me, is your screen curved or 3 angled ones?

Sean

This is a curved screen Sean.  12 ft diameter with 210 degrees of wraparound.

XOrionFE

Quote from: matta757 on January 02, 2011, 06:54:51 AM
Scott,

Absolutely stunning my friend. It looks simply incredible. It's a shame I couldn't take you up on your offer to stop by and check it out back in November. Although with family in Chicago, it's only a matter of time until I am down there again and would love to check out your setup. Seriously, I am just in awe!

Matt

Anytime Matt

Just give me a shout when you know you will be coming.    In fact, if any of you are in the Chicago area some time just give me a holler.   

ETomlin

Boy oh boy....really looking forward to flying that thing one day!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

jskibo

Scott,

Awesome job!!  Hope mine turns out half as good!

Wife wants to get tickets to the Bears on the 23rd, maybe I will drop her off and come look at your pit instead :)

John
Less than 4 years to retirement......

XOrionFE

Quote from: jskibo on January 03, 2011, 07:43:23 PM
Scott,

Awesome job!!  Hope mine turns out half as good!

Wife wants to get tickets to the Bears on the 23rd, maybe I will drop her off and come look at your pit instead :)

John

Always welcome John

My wife will be out of town that weekend and i will be watching my 3 4yr olds by myself so may be a little caotic around here but they go to bed around 7:30 and then I am free in the evenings pretty much.

Scott

Maurice

Quote from: XOrionFE on January 06, 2011, 02:48:17 AM

i will be watching my 3 4yr olds by myself so may be a little caotic around here
Scott

3 4yr olds??? Are you saying you have 4 year old triplets?? If you are, how on earth have you been able to make so much sim progress in so little time?  :). Even if you meant 2 kids, one 3 year old and one 4 year old, your progress is still amazing. Have you learned to clone yourself when needed  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

dharrison

XOrionFE

Quote from: maurice on January 06, 2011, 04:00:38 AM
Quote from: XOrionFE on January 06, 2011, 02:48:17 AM

i will be watching my 3 4yr olds by myself so may be a little caotic around here
Scott

3 4yr olds??? Are you saying you have 4 year old triplets?? If you are, how on earth have you been able to make so much sim progress in so little time?  :). Even if you meant 2 kids, one 3 year old and one 4 year old, your progress is still amazing. Have you learned to clone yourself when needed  ;D

Maurice

Haha, I wish I could clone myself :-)   I also have a business with 30 other partners and 400 employees!  Yikes......
Actually I feel like my progress is really slow.    I only work in a weekend sprint maybe once every 1-2 months and sometimes in the late evenings after the kids go to bed.   I also have had a lot of help from Don and of course it helps to have gotten a lot of stuff from FDS that was already premade and easy to put together.   I still have a long long way to go though.     Overhead wiring, rudder pedals, back walls, putting in all my interior panels.   Finishing up the throttle programming.  And the list goes on....

Scott

jackpilot

Scott
Take it one at a time...this is a wonderful life, sometimes we tend to create  anxiety,  urge,  fear to or not to.. etc etc ...all made up in our minds!
We build multi million dollars toys for peanuts   whaooooo! Spoiled kids!
And we share the whole voyage with friends..is'nt it great?
Jack

Jack

XOrionFE

Great words of wisdom Jack.   I have to sit back a lot...look at my kids....and remind myself of what is really important in life.     We are very fortunate.   And this is a great hobby!

Scott

XOrionFE

Here are some more from last weekend....

ETomlin

Boy, coming together and to life!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

dharrison

It was most definately a good time. Short flight from KOMA to KORD, with a divert to KDBQ because the flight crew was going to time out. It was 0300.... Now that the Yokes are in it will really rock and we can get Scott in some of these picutres. I am begining to think I am just a pretty face, kinda like those models at the car shows! I am there to enhance the beautiy of the sim.... ???

Don

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate