Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 04:14:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
352 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 352
Total: 353

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Brisbane disaster & Nthusim

Started by Maurice, January 13, 2011, 03:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

Thankfully, all the staff at Nthusim are safe but their place of business has washed down the river. They will hopefully start the hard work of re-building next week. What happened in Brisbane is a real tragedy and I would like to offer my best wishes to all our Aussie friends for a speedy recovery from this disaster.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Bob Reed

It would be nice if all our Aussie friends would chime in and let us know they are ok.

Kennair

Hi All,

I live in the only part of the country not experiencing rain at the moment.  Dry and hot in Perth.  On the other side of the country its a lot different as you've seen.  I have family north of Brisbane and they are all OK despite water lapping at my mums doorstep (see pic attached, the raised concrete step lower right is my mums front door).  Also family in NSW and Victoria, all suffering severe downpours at the moment.  Only 18 months ago they were suffering from long term drought and buying water to supplement the dwindling supply.  Now the area affected by the Queensland floods is equivalent to the area of the state of NSW!  I'm flying to Brisbane next week to help with the extra broadcast workload in the media as a result but hopefully the water has subsided by then.

I know there are sim builders in Brisbane, Gold Coast and other points in QLD and I too would like to hear they are OK.

Regards,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

ETomlin

Yes. I have a friend in Nyngan and she's been okay up to this point. Hopefully it will stay dry there. Praying for a quick receding of the waters for you all.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate