Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:10:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
455 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 455
Total: 455

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Leo Bodnar's Site Down?

Started by NeoMorph, February 02, 2011, 04:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matta757

Let me defend myself lol.

I definitely see the merits of the FDS boards and at the time of my comment, did not realize how their connections work. Also, my comment about soldering was meant in terms of that I just don't like it. Doesn't mean I can't do it, I have actually become fairly accomplished at it. I just don't like the tediousness of trying to solder wires to pins on a board. That's all I meant by it and apologize if my comments were inaccurately applied to FDS boards... I am actually considering purchasing one!

Matt

NeoMorph

I was just saying it gets easier and less of a hassle with time...

Back on topic, his site AND his forum is showing 404 errors... Does anyone recommended Pot size for the BU0836X. Was it 10K or 50K.

I can't remember for the life of me.

I wonder why the sub pages would just vanish like that yet the home page is still there.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Efe

Just put an underscore _ after products in the link...

So http://www.leobodnar.com/products/SLI-PRO/index.html becomes http://www.leobodnar.com/products_/SLI-PRO/index.html

And all is back to normal. Leo just finished all backlogged orders and apparently is working on a few racing simulators currently so he didn't want to receive orders.

QuoteFor the time being you can still order anything you need from my website by adding underscore after the word "products" in the webpage address.

Cheers
Leo

NeoMorph

Phew... if only he had posted that he was busy it would have caused less of a panic on my part (especially as he didn't reply to my email).

Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

matta757

I have a question about the rotary encoder utility from Leo's site.

When selecting what type of encoder (1:1,1:2,1:4) what is the difference between each? Also, what is the pulse width down at the bottom of the utility?

I have attached some encoders but when I use them in flight sim, they do not smoothly control their assigned functions (MCP knobs). Was wondering if maybe tweaking some of these settings might help but I'd like to understand what the settings mean. Did some searching on Leo's site and a few others but nothing really described the differences between the settings.

Best regards,
Matt

NeoMorph

I use the setting of 1:2 and have no problems with them missing pulses. The settings are the ratio of pulses I think. 1:1 means one detent equals 1 pulse. 1:2 means 1 detent equals 2 pulses. I don't understand why using 1:2 actually works well for me though...

Maybe it's the different encoders you can get... I bought a bunch of cheap encoders (less than 2 UK pounds each) off ebay and they work with Leo's board perfectly.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate