Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:53:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
494 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 500
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 494
Total: 494

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Southwest flight diverts after rupturing and depressurizing in flight

Started by XOrionFE, April 02, 2011, 04:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

ivar hestnes

Doesnt Southwest have these "internet boxes" attached to the top of the roof?
They look bulky, and would cause some serious drag up there I guess. Maybe a fatigue accelerator for rivets in that area...

Must be pretty scary to suddenly see the blue sky while enjoying the meal. Very good that they landed safely.

matta757

Quote from: ivar hestnes on April 02, 2011, 09:30:11 AMMust be pretty scary to suddenly see the blue sky while enjoying the meal.

The comment about enjoying a meal made me laugh... first off, Southwest is a no frills airline, but even more hilariously is that few if none of the US carriers actually serve meals anymore. We're all about minimizing cost, even if it means crappy service!

Matt

MLeavy737

Probably has something to do with their 40kt taxi speeds! Was taxing out of KFLL today and a Southwest 737 on the taxiway next to us passed us and cut in front of us in the runup pad to beat us out.  Cant imagine what goes on in the air.

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

ivar hestnes

Maybe that is why they have cancelled food on their flights. To prevent the pax from throwing up...
;)

ian@737ng.co.uk

cutting costs means older aircraft.
us airways have found while doing maintenance on 737's that cracks have started appearing in windows.    more info here http://www.737ng.co.uk/crackinwindow.jpg  ;D  ;D  ;D
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

ivar hestnes

hahahaah, brilliant.
Must be one of the worst aviation cracks ever. I have seen better ones for sure :P

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate