Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 02:47:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
539 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 550
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 539
Total: 539

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Flying onVatsim today

Started by markfire, September 24, 2013, 04:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markfire

All

My buddy RhysB coming over this pm to do some european flights. If you're on Vatsim give us a bell.

My callsign: (Ryanair)  RYR611

Talking of such things. Does anyone think the idea of having a monthly Cockpitbuilders fly in and meet up on Vatsim, appealing?  Answers in the hat : )

laters

Mark

FredK

Mark -

That is an excellent idea for the monthly fly-in!

Count me in.

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

sagrada737

Sounds like a great idea!  Count me in.

Also, this might be a good idea for PilotEdge as well, for flying in the So. Cal area.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Sam Llorca

Sam Franklin

XOrionFE

sounds fun to me.   I have a much easier time doing things that are scheduled out periodically ahead of time.

Scott

markfire

Guys

Steady on I was only joking! 

Seriously though, I thought it might be a nice way to meet up and have a chat rather than email, PM etc.

Team speak might be a nice tool to use also.

Perhaps we could utilise the calendar for scheduled fly/meets. I guess due to other commitments some of us bold pioneers may not make it every time but if there was enough of us, it could still be worthwhile. I'm impressed with the initial turnout!  I wondered if this had been suggested before but thought I'd stick it out there anyway.

Right, I'll go off and look at some time zones and be back with some options and some dates.

Please feel free to make suggestions to how this will work and if we can utilise the calendar etc etc.

Looking forward to sharing some hours with my fellow builders.

One last suggestion from me before I sign off.  I thought, as we generally fly within our own region/comfort zones, maybe we could have one day/night flying Europe, then the next meet would be USA  Unusual, difficult approaches day, cat 1, cat 11 cat 111 days, sky's the limit, so's to speak.

Anyway it's bed time after 7 hours flying in the Alps.

Let me know what you think guys

Catch you later

Mark

rhysb

I'm in!

It was 7 fun hours flying in the alps though :)
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

markfire

:)   @RhysB    Bargains to be had too!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate