Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:57:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
346 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 407
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 346
Total: 346

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

This may save your bacon some day

Started by Maurice, October 09, 2009, 05:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

After some 40 odd years of safe driving and without any accidents or even speeding tickets, I had my first major accident when I was broadsided by another car at a highway intersection. It was my fault although that particular intersection had over 70 similar accidents in the last few years due to cars being totally hidden by other cars turning right so that it looks like the highway is clear. Even the officer felt bad about that and so I wasn't even charged with anything.

My car (Kia Sportage) was written off and nobody got seriously hurt although my wife's best friend sitting behind her got the worse of it and was severely bruised by the seatbelt (she is OK now).

Anyway, my reason for telling you this is not to get any sympathy but just to remind all of you to never, ever take anything for granted when driving. I'm still stunned that I never saw the car that hit us and I hope that this little warning may save your bacon someday if you remember it before doing anything even remotely foolish, like not being 100% sure before you start moving, or cross an intersection, or try to beat a changing traffic light etc...etc.

Sometimes, when you least expect it, another car will materialize & really spoil your day.  ::)

Maurice

Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Tracy Hale

wow Maurice, so glad everyone is ok, could have been a lot worse!  thankfully you weren't charged and hopefully they do something about that area

Maurice

Quote from: Tracy Hale on October 09, 2009, 05:48:37 AM
wow Maurice, so glad everyone is ok, could have been a lot worse!  thankfully you weren't charged and hopefully they do something about that area

Thanks. You may want to be careful as well if you ever come down from the frozen North to warm up in the 'balmy' South  ;). That intersection on Hwy 11 to South Mary Lake Rd  is certainly one to watch for (but there are many others).

And by the way, the cop told me they have been trying to get an overpass there for many years, but nothing so far.

Maurice

autocadplease

Wow, that's some severe turbulence! Glad you are still here. Looks like the side air bags helped too?
Grant D.
Nelson, B.C.
FSX PM Boeing TH2Go

Trevor Hale

I know the intersection you are referring too, and to just drove by that last night..  I am glad you are ok, and not anymore the worse..

You are correct though, we all take chances, and this really does make you think!
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Maurice

Quote from: Trevor Hale on October 09, 2009, 08:49:31 AM

You are correct though, we all take chances, and this really does make you think!

Silly thing is that I did not take any chances; I stopped, I looked and I did not see any car for at least a kilometer, at least not the one 'hiding' behind the cars turning right in that intersection. In hindsight, I should have waited until the cars turning right & almost stopped were gone.

Maurice

Maurice

Quote from: autocadplease on October 09, 2009, 08:07:27 AM
Wow, that's some severe turbulence! Glad you are still here. Looks like the side air bags helped too?

Side air bags saved my head for sure.

jackpilot

Hi Mau
I know how frustrating this can be. Like airplanes' cars are a very fragile shell and are easily totalled.
I had two deer encounters, same spot, at a year interval. Driving at some 60Kmh. First one, the car (brand new) was written off, second time , $4000 damage.
Nothing you can do, road is clear and one second later a deer is clearly in front of the hood!!
Glad you are safe my friend...
Cheers anyway.

Jack

AndyT

These runway incursions can be really bad.  Glad nobody was seriously hurt.  Good thing your car was built for impact.  Its easier to get a new car than a new life.

warvet

Good to see your ok Maurice my friend.  :o GOD FORBID! if something were to happen to you, who the hell would be here to insult me? :huh:  :'( :( oh ya  ;D ;D Mike, Trev, Ivar, Jack, Ok Nm Glad to see your ok anyway lol  ;D

Stay safe my friend!
Tim
A340
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

Maurice

Quote from: warvet on October 09, 2009, 12:22:03 PM
Good to see your ok Maurice my friend.  :o GOD FORBID! if something were to happen to you, who the hell would be here to insult me? :huh:  :'( :( oh ya  ;D ;D Mike, Trev, Ivar, Jack, Ok Nm Glad to see your ok anyway lol  ;D

Stay safe my friend!
Tim
A340

Let's face it Tim...you certainly are an easy target, so my job here can easily be taken over by someone else less skilled in the 'insulting arts'  ;D. Still, feels good being above ground to annoy you a while longer  ;)

Maurice

Boeing Skunk Works

Glad to find out you and the pax are OK!

Looks like that little car held up pretty well.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Trevor Hale

Quote from: maurice on October 09, 2009, 02:19:49 PM

Let's face it Tim...you certainly are an easy target, so my job here can easily be taken over by someone else less skilled in the 'insulting arts'  ;D . Still, feels good being above ground to annoy you a while longer  ;)

Maurice

:tomat: <--- Mau!
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

brissydave

Is the kia "sportsgirl" a write off Morry? :D

when you pm'ed me last time you said you were thirty two and drove a trans-am with a gold eagle on the bonnet?

(glad you are ok...ya never realize how we all take life and safety for granted till we have an accident or lop of a finger etc etc.... so true)
www.Flightfacsimile.com
Selected Boeing 737 Cockpit Components.... From Australia!

Maurice

Quote from: brissydave on October 10, 2009, 02:38:48 AM

when you pm'ed me last time you said you were thirty two and drove a trans-am with a gold eagle on the bonnet?

That was all true Brissy. But you age so fast once you start building  a flight deck  ::) . And yes, the 'sportsgirl' left me forever and she is going to spread 'her joy' with many others, one piece at a time  ;D

Maurice

brissydave

""But you age so fast once you start building  a flight deck""

ha ha ha ! :D :D :D true...but if i haven't, the minister for economics and cleaning services upstairs has. god bless her
www.Flightfacsimile.com

warvet

That was all true Brissy. But you age so fast 

Maurice
[/quote]
Yes we do age fast in your case someone really kicked old father time in the balls to make someone age as fast as you ya old wrinkled fart lol :)
Trans am my Asshat. last thing Mau was driving was a Model T and it was new lol :)
I'd kick you in the nuts Mau but im afraid id get dust on my boots LMAO :) ;D :box: :dual:

Tim
A340

brissydave

wheres the little emoticon for peeing my pants with laughter?

if you look closely at the pictures of morry's car he posted...the steering wheel has all the disabled old peoples gadgets they need to drive. and i think the whole windscreen has a built in magnification ...like a big pair of glasses. specially built.

love him like a brother but. :-*

model T...classic. :D

www.Flightfacsimile.com

Maurice

There ain't no such thing as decency in this world anymore  ::). Here we have 2 juvenile delinquents, one of them whose initials are T. H. with a massive ego the size of Mount Everest and the other one some yahoo from the barren Aussie lands where his only excitemnt is hoping to shoot an alligator or a poor helpless joey  :camp:, senselessly attacking a dear old helpless man at a time when his ribs are sore and he can't even defend himself.

To add insult to injury, the macho ninja turtle type yahoo threatens to kick my balls. Well good luck to you if you can find them... I lost track of them sometime during my mid-life and a good kick might be the thing I need to rejuvenate them...the pain may guide me to their whereabouts.

So, go ahead and make my day you thoughtless bully...Don't forget, I will likely die before you and if there is an afterlife  :angel:, God help you as I will haunt you by making all your dreams Boeing dreams  :eek:.

As for Brissy, living in Aussie land is enough of a punishment, so I think I'll leave him alone...for now anyway.

Maurice

warvet

LMFAO Silly wrinkled old fart, alligators dont't exist in Australia wahahaha OMG you lost your balls and your going senile  :o hmmmm maybe i better leave you alone before something really bad happens like your tallywacker falls off because thats what happens when you dont use something for over 1/2 a century, (So I heard, wouldnt know personally  ;) )
So Dave maybe we had better leave the geriatric alone before he blows a colostomy bag valve and then well be in the SH*T lol Oh I found a great pic of what Maurice will look like using all his spare parts left over from his sim as his new next project hobby LMAO heres the pic :)hahahhahaa
Love ya Mauriceeeee!

Tim
A340

Maurice

Quote from: warvet on October 12, 2009, 02:16:30 PM
Oh I found a great pic of what Maurice will look like using all his spare parts left over from his sim as his new next project hobby LMAO heres the pic :
Tim
A340

You gotta do what you gotta do to get money to finance your sim. At least I don't go around breaking bones while doing 'collections' or abusing senior citizens.

And who the hell cares whether they are alligators or crocs? When you are caught between their jaws, you won't give a shit about their pedigree. And turkeys do fly above 3000 ft you silly fool ! They are called turkey vultures you would be know-it-all nincompoop  ::)

But I'm not bitter.  ;D

Maurice

Trevor Hale

Quote from: maurice on October 12, 2009, 01:46:15 PM
Here we have 2 juvenile delinquents, one of them whose initials are T. H. with a massive ego the size of Mount Everest.

Listen here, before I cut your walker up into hundred's of peices..  How the hell did I get dragged into this mess LMFAO..

Cheers Mau! LOL
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

warvet

brissydave

morry..."Get back in here young Timmy boy and show my those lovely streaky thighs ...you little bitch".

ala herbet... from the family guy.

i know...sometimes i go too far.
www.Flightfacsimile.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate